Latest outdoor enclosure update

Old July 31st 10, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Latest outdoor enclosure update

Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building it.
He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and literally
spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a lot more to the
story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone who
can finish it. *sigh*

Old July 31st 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and
literally spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a
lot more to the story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Good luck with finding someone.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old July 31st 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and
literally spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a lot
more to the story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Arrgh! I hate hearing this but I don't blame you. I Maybe check on Angie's
List (as opposed to Craigslist) for a reputable person to finish building
it?

http://www.angieslist.com/angieslist/

Jill

Old July 31st 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Never mind! (WAS: Latest outdoor enclosure update)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and
literally spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a
lot more to the story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Arrgh! I hate hearing this but I don't blame you. I Maybe check on
Angie's List (as opposed to Craigslist) for a reputable person to finish
building it?

http://www.angieslist.com/angieslist/

Jill

I thought it was a free service. Apparently not. Ooops!

Jill

Old July 31st 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Cheryl wrote:
Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and
literally spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a
lot more to the story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Argh, I'm so sorry you're having such trouble with getting that
enclosure built. Purrs that you find someone reliable soon.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 1st 10, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Cheryl" wrote:
Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building it.
He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and literally
spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a lot more to the
story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone who
can finish it. *sigh*

Just think of it as another project management exercise - there's a
procurement process to find a carpenter, inventory of sunk costs, cost
estimate to complete, then get a written contract with explicit
milestones in terms of earned value.
Old August 1st 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Cheryl" wrote

Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and
literally spent maybe 12 hours here over more than a month. There's a lot
more to the story, but I'm not going to go into it.

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Sorry to hear that! Chris and I have been emailing details as theirs plans
there to do a very similar device. HOA issues to be solved.

We got very detailed on how to marry the sisters to make the 12-14 inch deep
cat run shelf about 3ft up and all around.

From the last picture, I couldn't tell if the base was poured cement or
still dirt. Some parts looked like one, and other parts not so clear.

Could you tell me that? If you are handy and comfortable with wood working
tools and the base is already there, the rest is actually about 2-3 days
work with screening the last and easiest portion. Current pics would help
since he's done more. Also a view of that end part that *seems* to extend
into the yard and needs a screened top?

Old August 1st 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Marina" wrote
Cheryl wrote:

Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Argh, I'm so sorry you're having such trouble with getting that enclosure
built. Purrs that you find someone reliable soon.

I just wish she lived in Norfolk VA area! I know local handymen and heck,
this would be fun so we might just do it for free! From what I saw in the
last picture set, Don, Charlotte and I could knock this out probably in a
day if she has something we can safely mount a rotating circular saw on.
Ours isn't a movable workbench but the unit can be unbolted and moved easy
enough. That or we'd need 2 days (1st measure then cut at home, 2nd
install).

Then again, Mom made her way through the world with us 3 kids by 'flipping
houses' as they call it now and Don's (hubby) not shabby at all with wood
working. Charlotte, age 16 is handy with many things not the least of which
is holding things in place while an adult nails it in!

Old August 1st 10, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Marina" wrote
Cheryl wrote:

Well, I don't know when I'll have it done now. I fired the guy building
it. He had one excuse after the other to keep missing days of work and

So I have all of the rest of the materials and just need to find someone
who can finish it. *sigh*

Argh, I'm so sorry you're having such trouble with getting that enclosure
built. Purrs that you find someone reliable soon.

I just wish she lived in Norfolk VA area! I know local handymen and heck,
this would be fun so we might just do it for free! From what I saw in the
last picture set, Don, Charlotte and I could knock this out probably in a
day if she has something we can safely mount a rotating circular saw on.
Ours isn't a movable workbench but the unit can be unbolted and moved easy
enough. That or we'd need 2 days (1st measure then cut at home, 2nd
install).

Yeah, I'm several hundred miles north in MD. I wish I could do it myself.
I just don't really have the time or inclination to do it.