So what did we get?

Old December 31st 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default So what did we get?

"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

Old December 31st 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

What, if anything, would you rather have had? (It's a serious question.)

Jill

Old January 1st 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

Will try to send some of our weather your way and then you might appreciate that vest .

It is in the single digits tonight. What did you give your brother?
Happy Mew Year!. MLB
Old January 1st 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 31, 6:19*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
After the thread about perfect gifts- did anyone get any nice presents/
what the Hell were they thinking of presents for Xmas?

(sorry to piggyback, Tweed, but even though Lesley is in my "safe senders"
list I still don't see the original post)

John and I agreed not to exchange gifts. *At least, I thought we had. *He
sent me a one-day-at-a-time kitty desk calendar. *Oooh, a new kitty a day
for the next 365 days!

Those are nice. I used to buy myself one and put it in my cubicle at
work.
Haven't bought one for a long time. Maybe I will get one at a good
sale
price after tomorrow.

My neighbor (owned by Schwartzie & Fedders) baked various cookies and gave
me a small tin of them. (Yum!) *I also got a tin of cookies from my Aunt
Jule who lives in Maryland. *(She was married to my late mother's older
brother and is 88 years old, bless her.) *They're Scottish shortbread
cookies made from my Grandma Douglas-Brown's recipe. (Also YUM!) *She
included a small cross-stitch pillow for Persia that says "Yes, Santa, I've
been a Good Cat" *And some stationery, which tells me I need to write
long-hand letters more often. LOL

How nice! Now I am getting hungry. I want a cookie.

On the downside, I called my Aunt Win who is my late father's older sister
(age 90) only to find out her husband (my Uncle, 94) died a month before
Christmas. *I'd sent them a card and I always follow up with a phone call...
this wasn't a happy one. *She sounded in good enough spirits, all things
considered. *And my cousin was there helping her out with things. *But a
sad, sad Christmas for them.

So sorry to hear that.

Here's to a Happy New Year for all. *Hogmanay!

Jill

Happy New Year to all.

Winnie

Old January 1st 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 09:36:44 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

After the thread about perfect gifts- did anyone get any nice presents/
what the Hell were they thinking of presents for Xmas? Didn't do
badly- we got money and a hamper from Dave's mum. I got cash from
various people, which has so far been converted into a bottle of my
favourite perfume (22.95 down to 12.95 in the sales so BONUS!) and new
pilows and pillowcases (the rest pays our electric bill). Too many
chocolates- there's a huge box of Belgian one's sitting in my office
as an incentive to go back to work on Tuesday - probably with the
details of my sacking on top of it ! (long and very nasty story but
according to the manager concerned it's "for your own good"), a nice
bracelet, a scarf and my uttter dread of being given "smellies" by
certain people in the office secret Santa was unecessary- I got a
"Jack Daniels" coffee mug and coaster with ground coffee flavoured
with JD

Dave got a pint glass with his name hand engraved onto it and 30 mice
with balls and a share of the money Brother and SIL gave us (we
couldn't raid the shops as we normally do because my great nieces
stayed at his over Xmas and there was no one to look after them whilst
we went out) which he is using to buy some DVD's he wants

The cats are happy today as well- our local Co-op tends to get too
much in so I have purchased 2 ham joints for later on (Cold be damned
people are still coming round) at bargain price. Also the nice people
at "Felix" sent them a sample pouchie from their new "Sensations"
range- sardine with carrots.....it's a big hit

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

So not such a bad

I have a really cheap cell phone: it's one that uses pre-paid minutes.

I use pretty rarely, but it IS nice to have a phone with you all of the
time.

My brother gave me some minutes for my phone; I was down to literally
almost nothing. So now I can actually use it when I need to

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old January 1st 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

What, if anything, would you rather have had? (It's a serious question.)

A something electrical to keep my chickens drinking water from freezing
solid.
Tweed

Old January 1st 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message Tweed

Will try to send some of our weather your way and then you might
appreciate that vest .

It is in the single digits tonight. What did you give your brother?

Money, so he can buy what he wants, he says a new shower curtain is first on
the list.
Tweed

Old January 1st 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

Boyfie got several Whiskas pouches "Prawn & shrimp" My brother's cat Tigger
refuses to eat them.
Boyfie is very happy to scarf them up.
Do you remember Tigger? He had an encounter with a car when he was 4
months old and had to have his jaw wired.
He is fine now. He's huge.
He's still a "do not talk to me" sort of boy.
So I don't. He is a very handsome tabby man.
He looks at me disdainfully like "do not even think you are good enough to
address me"
So of course I do not.
I go home to Boyfriend who knows me and loves me.
Hmm, Tigger is spoilt. Prawns and shrimp food is disgusting for him, poor
lad. He was rescued as a kitten from the RSPCA. and now he won't eat that
flavour.
Boyfriend gets that rejected food now. Does Boyfie eat prawn/shrimp
pouches? Of course he does. He'll eat almost anything because he is a
greedy boy. I like he has a good appetite. Sort of.
Until he wakes me up insisting it's breakfast time.
Tweed

Old January 1st 11, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 31/12/2010 19:36, Lesley Madigan wrote:
After the thread about perfect gifts- did anyone get any nice presents/
what the Hell were they thinking of presents for Xmas?

My cat-related present was a Cat Lover magnetic poetry kit from my
middle sister. Here are my first attempts, somewhat haiku-ish:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/IMG_2188.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...0/IMG_2190.jpg

(The strange lighting is due to my using the 'snow' setting on my
camera, because with the 'indoor' setting I only got a screenful of
white, even without the flash.)

Other things I got were thick socks knitted by Mum, a stack of Terry
Pratchett books (which I'd always been meaning to read but somehow I
never got around to it, so I'm looking forward to diving into the
Discworld), my niece had made a bag of lovely spiced nuts and almonds.
My eldest sister always makes a lovely wall calendar with pictures from
the island, or of their cats, or other beautiful things and places. We
don't give big expensive presents in my family. Each year, we talk about
not giving presents at all, but there's always something small under the
tree anyway. For a general present to everyone this year, I bought four
trees to be planted in Nicaragua. I did get everyone something small in
addition to that, mostly books.

We had a very nice Yule supper at my sister's, where everyone brought
something for the table. That was on the Eve. Then we met up at Mum's on
Yule day and Boxing day. That's what Yule means to me; spending time
with family and welcoming the returning light, a few minutes more each day.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old January 1st 11, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

My mum and my sister between them got me a Blu-ray player. :-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart