So what did we get?

Old January 1st 11, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default So what did we get?

Irulan wrote:
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

Lily & her mama

You're lucky to have such a wonderful daughter, then I expect you know
that. :-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old January 1st 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Neighbors gave me lots of plates of sweets (too much actually). The
cats suddenly developed an appetite (starting Christmas morning) and
devoured their plates necessitating opening a second can (even Amber!).
It was the beginning of a new case of Wellness which might have tasted
different. This was their present to me. I ordered a battery operated
TV for use during power outages. This should arrive Tuesday. I just
hope I can hook it up to my antenna.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old January 1st 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

What, if anything, would you rather have had? (It's a serious question.)

A something electrical to keep my chickens drinking water from freezing
solid.
Tweed

Ahhh... good point. I don't know anything about raising chickens. I do
know they make electric heaters to keep bird baths from freezing. Surely
there must be some gadget that keeps the water containers for chickens (I
don't know what they are called) from freezing over. I'm sorry you didn't
get one.

Jill

Old January 1st 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote in message Tweed

Will try to send some of our weather your way and then you might
appreciate that vest .

It is in the single digits tonight. What did you give your brother?

Money, so he can buy what he wants, he says a new shower curtain is first
on the list.
Tweed

Practical... I like that

Jill

Old January 1st 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 31 2010, 9:07*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message Tweed

Will try to send some of our weather your way and then you might
appreciate that vest .

It is in the single digits tonight. *What did you give your brother?

Money, so he can buy what he wants, he says a new shower curtain is first on
the list.
Tweed

That is what I got for Christmas. Haven`t spent it yet. Don`t care for
the crowd in the mall.
But I did spend quite a bit at the health food store yesterday.
They have a customer appreciation day on New Year Eve every year and
most everything
was 10% off for the day. I got a free hand reflexology too.
Old January 1st 11, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 31 2010, 1:36*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

How bad is it that we cannot afford to heat our houses here?

Oh I can afford it it;s just the winter bills are a big dent in the
finances the month they are due- it's cancelled out by the summer gas
bills through when we're only using the hot water for showers and
washing up and washing floors etc- just September our gas bill for 3
months was £3.26- we don't have one of those systems that's always on-
our hot water boiler doesn't even have a pilot light it lights up only
when something is turned on- means it takes a couple of minutes for
the water to warm up but can live with that. when this was installed
the fitter told us we'd be surprised how much it costs to run a pilot
light continually

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 1st 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 31 2010, 7:21*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
, Tigger is spoilt. *Prawns and shrimp food is disgusting for him,
poor
lad. *He was rescued as a kitten from the RSPCA. and now he won't eat that
flavour.

I know what you mean, Dunzi and Sarsi were born to a semi feral in a
garden shed and if we had not had a vacancy they could have been
sitting in a pet shop window. Are they grateful? They refuse to eat
tinned cat food it has to be in a pouch although to be fair they eat
whatever comes in a pouch and frankly prawn and shrimp would be
approved of as they both prefer fish to meat. And they don't like
cheap dry food, which I don't really have a problem with but I suppose
you could call them spoilt (or as Adrian would say they've trained the
staff properly)

Old January 1st 11, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 31 2010, 10:11*pm, Marina wrote:

My cat-related present was a Cat Lover magnetic poetry kit from my
middle sister.

You've reminded of one of the silliest if not the silliest presents I
ever got (it was for my birthday through) -it's a a starter kit for
the "intriguing hobby of cat butt spotting", inside it has a "field
guide to cat butts" and a set of fridge magnets each a different cat
butt complete with raised tail- my dear friend Judith set herself a
challenge to find me something odd but cat related for my
birthday.....that won hands down (or tails up)

Old January 1st 11, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 1/01/2011 11:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Irulan" wrote in message
My daughter, bless her heart, gave me my very own iPhone and
even put me on her account. I've been watching movies on Netflix
on it grin.

That is a proper present. What to say about my birthday
one, an old lady vest.
Gee, thanks..
Tweed

What, if anything, would you rather have had? (It's a serious question.)

A something electrical to keep my chickens drinking water from
freezing solid.
Tweed

Ahhh... good point. I don't know anything about raising chickens. I do
know they make electric heaters to keep bird baths from freezing. Surely
there must be some gadget that keeps the water containers for chickens
(I don't know what they are called) from freezing over. I'm sorry you
didn't get one.

Don't know how did the chicken's water dish is, but if its deep enough,a
small fish tank heater should surely be adequate? IIRC, they're not that
expensive, although it has been a long time since I bought one.

Yowie
Old January 2nd 11, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Dec 31 2010, 12:36*pm, Lesley Madigan
wrote:
After the thread about perfect gifts- did anyone get any nice presents/
what the Hell were they thinking of presents for Xmas? Didn't do
badly- we got money and a hamper from Dave's mum. I got cash from
various people, which has so far been converted into a bottle of my
favourite perfume (22.95 down to 12.95 in the sales so BONUS!) and new
pilows and pillowcases (the rest pays our electric bill). *Too many
chocolates- there's a huge box of Belgian one's sitting in my office
as an incentive to go back to work on Tuesday - probably with the
details of my sacking on top of it ! *(long and very nasty story but
according to the manager concerned it's "for your own good"), a nice
bracelet, a scarf and my uttter dread of being given "smellies" by
certain people in the office secret Santa was unecessary- I got a
"Jack Daniels" coffee mug and coaster with ground coffee flavoured
with JD

It is MIL's tradition to give socks. Hokey, but this year I am happy
with it. My foot is in a cast. One of those big boot things I can take
off to shower. The hiking socks have been the first comfortable thing
I have been able to wear under that plastic and Velcro buttpain.

Louie got me some George Gershwin music; he has always been a favorite
composer. An inlaw blowed (blew?) some glass bowls. With some money
received from Father in Law I bought one of those Pandora bracelets
with the glass bead charms.

The babies got fresh kitty weed.

Blessed be,
Baha