Weeble has a lump :(

Old June 16th 11, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default UPDATE: Weeble has a lump :(

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message ...

TED thinks it is a cyst (too soft for sarcoma, not sore enough for an
abscess), they kept him and will remove it and send it to "the labs" to
be sure.

-------

I hope he comes home today with a stich or two where they removed the cyst!!
'Will keep prayers coming!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

On 6/15/2011 10:18 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Weeble was being ultra friendly last night while we were watching TV (my
lap most evenings is hogged by either Tennessee or Barney & Bam-Bam),
and as I was giving him his proper luvins, pettins & skritchins, I
noticed he has a lump on one of his rear legs (no, this is NOT a repeat
of the case where I found some extra lumps when he was a bitty and
getting belly rubbins and it turned out I was rubbin really far back on
his belly and they were his boy-bits).

Just once, when he was a kitten, he got a vaccination that was NOT
adjunct-free. He developed a lump at the injection site (yes, this was
reported to & checked by the vet), but it went away....

Now he has a lump on his left back leg (our vet has always given
vaccinations on rear legs, not at the scruff), and I do not remember if
it is the same leg or not (will probably be in his records at the vet's)

He goes in tomorrow morning (they have no vet on duty on Wednesdays)
bright & early. The bad thing is they recommended fasting, and Weeble
is sort of a chow-hound, so that will not be easy...

Needless to say, I was not able to sleep very well last night due to
worry over My Sweet Weebs....

Can I have some purrs, drools, & prayers for him???? Please???

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

Old June 16th 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message ...

TED thinks it is a cyst (too soft for sarcoma, not sore enough for an
abscess), they kept him and will remove it and send it to "the labs" to
be sure.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--

That sounds like good news. I had a cat, years ago, who formed a large cyst
on the side of his neck. It was a big, ugly-looking growth--large, black,

MaryL

Old June 16th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

YAY!!! So good to hear good news for a change!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old June 17th 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Weeble has a lump :(

[...]

Oh no! (exclaims Persia)... My preshus Weebs! I hope he's okay. Please
keep us posted.

Jill

Old June 17th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Pictures!!! Weeble has a lump :(

[...]

I've posted some pictures on facebook (those of you on there may have
already seen them), but here's a link that everyone (not just facebook
members) can see

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=73e7ac0f5d

Old June 18th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Ooooooo - poor, poor baby, that looks like it hurts! I hope they sent home
some pain meds. I just posted a separate thread asking about the biopsy
results, have you heard anything yet?

Old June 18th 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

BTW, I have Facebook and you as a friend, but I don't get on it enough to
really keep in touch with everyone - it's just not something I could "get
into". I'm sorry that I can't since so many of my friends seem to have
abandoned the group for it.

Old June 18th 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 6/17/2011 8:29 PM, CatNipped wrote:
Ooooooo - poor, poor baby, that looks like it hurts! I hope they sent home
some pain meds. I just posted a separate thread asking about the biopsy
results, have you heard anything yet?

I replied to the other message the biopsy.

As to the pain meds, our vet is against them for "soft tissue" matters,
if they don't feed the pain, they think they are fine and may do more
damage to themselves doing their "normal" things... whereas if they do
feel the pain, they won't try to leap, jump, etc, and therefore heal
faster/better. Imagine having a sprained ankle, taking pain meds so you
feel better, then walking on it, going back to the Dr and finding you
had damaged it more/it wasn't healing properly. If you hadn't taken the
meds, you wouldn't have walked on it (or would have used crutches/boots)
because it hurt to do so, and treated it with ice (reduce the swelling)
then heat (promote blood flow) it would have healed normally.

I really hate that he's in pain (though he doesn't show it - mostly he
shows the indignation of wearing the cone-o'-shame), but it is for his
own good. the did give him a penicillin shot at the vets, so we don't
have any antibiotics to give him. He goes back in 2 weeks to get the
staples out.

He is wanting out of the bathroom - BAD... I was in there earlier, and
with the restrictive collar instead of a cone, he purred for me (with
the actual cone, he was crouching down all the time and trying to hide
from it, in the "something's on my head" mode). We may let him sleep
with us tonight, but if he wants out of the bedroom, he goes back in the
bathroom - we don't want him out & about without supervision to avoid
him getting into a fight with the others or doing something he shouldn't
(getting stuck somewhere with the collar is one thing that comes to
mind, or getting his staples caught on something and ripping them out).

Geez - am I a worry-wart or what?

Old June 18th 11, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 6/17/2011 8:32 PM, CatNipped wrote:
BTW, I have Facebook and you as a friend, but I don't get on it enough to
really keep in touch with everyone - it's just not something I could "get
into". I'm sorry that I can't since so many of my friends seem to have
abandoned the group for it.

I know not everybody does the facebook thing, that's why I posted here.
I know you guys all care for Weebs (it was here I learned to take care
of an abandoned day-old kitten that was him) - and some cannot even get
here anymore, just do the catslaves thing, so I've posted there too.

He is a famous Johnny Applecat, after all

Old June 18th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

++++

I'd love to see a picture again of when Weeble was a little wobbly
bitty. I know I had one several computers ago but none were saved.
Sending heartfelt purrs for his wellbeing. MLB

Lump in tail Clara Semps Cat health & behaviour 11 February 16th 09 09:17 PM
Lump on gum? SoundCat Cat health & behaviour 3 February 5th 06 12:41 PM
Cat has lump [email protected] Cats - misc 0 May 9th 05 04:48 PM
hairy lump! BC Cats - misc 5 January 26th 05 09:16 PM
Found a lump Linda E Cat health & behaviour 21 September 10th 03 11:18 PM