Purrs for Melba

Old January 13th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Purrs for Melba

Hi all:

On another thread, I mentioned that my brother and SIL adopted Sylvester
through the SPCA, inspired by our stories of the kitties there when we
dropped off Star. They get Sylvester on the 18th and are adopting him
as a companion for their lady-cat Melba. I received the following email
from my SIL tonight:

Please send some cat prayers out to the universe for Melba. She hasn't
eaten much at all besides a handful of kibbles and a bit of chicken for
4 days.

I finally took her to Dr. Hagen today and he took her temperature
(normal), felt her belly and apparently found some thick feeling
something that he said could be a tumor, just a thickening of the
intestine, or something else, she had part of her neck shaved and blood
work done, she had part of her belly shaved so he could get a sample of
urine but that was unsuccessful, he gave her a shot of penicillin in
case her inflammatory bowel has flared up, he gave her some fluids
through an IV and gave her an appetite stimulant. Of course, she was
thrilled about all of this, NOT. He also gave us a syringe and wet food
for force feeding if we need it....The appetite pill has worked a
bit....She may need to go back in for an ultrasound or x-rays or maybe
have a biopsy done to see if she has a pancreas issue or other type of
issue...AAAARRRRGGGG!

Any purrs would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 13th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 12, 11:42 pm, Susan M wrote:
[...]

Everyone here is purring for Melba. It sounds serious but it may not
be as bad as it seems. Good Teds can do wonderful things.

All may yet be very well.

Will in New Haven

--

"Decaf? Decaf is for children!" - Jim Thompson

Thanks,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old January 13th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Melba, and for all who love her.

--
Joy

"Listen for differences. Seek them out. Don't surround yourself only with
those who see the world as you do." - Grant Cornwell

Old January 13th 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

Any purrs would be much appreciated!

Lots of purrs on the way for Melba. How tricky, with Sylvester coming
and all. I hope she won't be too stressed out.

Old January 13th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
Susan M wrote:

Any purrs would be much appreciated!

Lots of purrs on the way for Melba. How tricky, with Sylvester coming
and all. I hope she won't be too stressed out.

Terrible timing I know. At least my SIL's dad will take Sylvester if
all else fails so he's guaranteed a forever home either way.

Melba's had a long haul recovering from tummy problems and such and
she's been doing so well for so long that I hope that she clears up.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 13th 08, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:42:33 -0700, Susan M wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old January 13th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

Have them try Temptations for Hairballs - I bet that is what they are
feeling as a mass. They lose their appetite when they are full of
hairballs.

Old January 13th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Susan M wrote:
snip
Any purrs would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Poor Melba :-( Lots of purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 13th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
Any purrs would be much appreciated!

Lots and lots of purrs on the way. FWIW, when Basho gave us a somewhat
similar scare, it was cured with metronidazole.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Purrs for Dan M Pat Cat anecdotes 57 October 24th 06 02:13 AM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
More purrs, please Dan M Cat anecdotes 72 September 14th 04 05:51 PM
purrs please Gracecat Cat anecdotes 102 August 20th 04 03:46 AM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM