News from "Science daily"

Old January 12th 16, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default News from "Science daily"

On 1/11/2016 1:51 PM, Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
On 1/6/2016 7:55 PM, Jack Campin wrote:

Because synthetic fibres go up in flames much more quickly and
dangerously than natural ones. A child in nylon pyjamas can
get lethal burns in seconds if they contact a naked flame.
Wool and cotton don't do that.

My pyjamas were always made of cotton. These days I don't bother
wearing anything when I go to bed.

I will restate, I thought they'd outlawed those flame retardants on
fabrics decades ago. shrug

Jill

I haven't worn pyjamas for 50 years. I'll have to wear them tomorrow in
hospital when I go in for my bypass surgery. 😿

Good thoughts and prayers for your surgery - and for you to not be too
uncomfortable wearing pj's.
Old January 12th 16, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 1/11/2016 4:51 PM, Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
On 1/6/2016 7:55 PM, Jack Campin wrote:

Because synthetic fibres go up in flames much more quickly and
dangerously than natural ones. A child in nylon pyjamas can
get lethal burns in seconds if they contact a naked flame.
Wool and cotton don't do that.

My pyjamas were always made of cotton. These days I don't bother
wearing anything when I go to bed.

I will restate, I thought they'd outlawed those flame retardants on
fabrics decades ago. shrug

Jill

I haven't worn pyjamas for 50 years. I'll have to wear them tomorrow in
hospital when I go in for my bypass surgery. ?

Purrs for that surgery, Adrian. My SO had a quintuple bypass in 2004
and he's still going strong.

I didn't know about this, Adrian! My dad had quintuple bypass in 2003 and
as far as I know, he's doing pretty well, too. (If he wasn't, I'm sure I
would have heard.)

Purrs and good luck tomorrow!

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster