cAt peeing all over

Old August 15th 03, 09:35 PM
KRISDAVE2

Default cAt peeing all over

How do I stop my cat from peeing on the chairs in the living room all the
time??
Old August 15th 03, 09:51 PM
MaryL

"KRISDAVE2" wrote in message
How do I stop my cat from peeing on the chairs in the living room all the
time??

Is this recent? The first thing you should do is have your cat examined for
a medical problem. Inappropriate urination is often a sign of cystitis or
bladder infection (especially if it is recent). Next, have there been any
changes in your household that might cause behavior problems -- new
additions to the household, new furniture (or even cleaning that might
retain certain scents), newly adopted cat, etc.? If so, it might be helpful
to place Feliway diffusers in the house. And, of course, how old is your
cat? Has the cat ever used a litter box? Please provide more details to
help us, but above all, please have your cat examined by a veterinarian.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56

Old August 15th 03, 09:51 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"KRISDAVE2" wrote in message
How do I stop my cat from peeing on the chairs in the living room all the
time??

The first step is a vet appt. to check for a UTI. If that's what's causing
it, a course or two of antibiotics will clear up the problem.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon