American Idol guy & Cats

Old November 28th 03, 07:58 AM
PerryTurtle

Subject: American Idol guy & Cats
From: "Cat Protector"
Date: 11/24/2003 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

You could have fooled me.

I'd wager almost anybody could fool you.

Not the sharpest knife....
Old November 28th 03, 07:58 AM
PerryTurtle

From: "Cat Protector"
Date: 11/24/2003 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

Old November 28th 03, 08:07 AM
PerryTurtle

From: "Cat Protector"
Date: 11/25/2003 11:07 PM Pacific Standard Time

Can anyone believe this one?

http://claymatemansion.com/clayvention.htm

As if the Clay Aiken fans weren't fanatical enough now they have their own
convention honoring Clay. Barf!

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

You're a bit fanatical, it appears, about Clay Aiken. You've posted a TON
about him and you're obviously frequenting Web sites dedicated for him.

I definitely think you're a closet Claymate!!!

Old November 28th 03, 08:07 AM
PerryTurtle

Old November 29th 03, 07:29 PM
Wendy

Local SPCA Defends Clay Aiken
PETA Attacks Singer After Cat Comments

POSTED: 11:48 AM EST November 21, 2003
UPDATED: 12:26 PM EST November 21, 2003

GARNER, N.C. -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Wake
County is defending Clay Aiken in the recent uproar over his statement to
Rolling Stone comparing cats to Satan.

After the magazine article, the group People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals targeted Aiken in an ad that promotes neutering for pets. The ad
said, "Get neutered -- It didn't hurt Clay Aiken."

Mondy Lamb, spokeswoman for the SPCA of Wake County, said Aiken's words in
Rolling Stone were taken out of context.

The quote most often pulled from the magazine is, "I think cats are Satan.
There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I had a
kitten and ran over it."

Aiken goes on to say, "Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its spirit
has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me to
death."

"The SPCA approaches situations like this on a daily basis as an opportunity
to educate people," Lamb said. "We meet many people who have a strong
dislike of dogs who then go on to say that they were bitten by a dog as a
child. When the SPCA pursues the line of questioning, the people readily
acknowledge their personal childhood trauma does not make all dogs bad.

"Reading the whole quote paints quite a different picture than the PETA ad
would indicate. Were Aiken's words poorly phrased? Sure they were. But
obviously the act of accidentally killing his cat still bothers him."

http://www.nbc17.com/entertainment/2655355/detail.html

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
I don't know if this is true or not, but I got this from another board:

http://www.peta.org/feat/triumph/

"PETA: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Dumps on Clay Aiken in New PETA
Pro-Neutering Ad
The article says:
"Triumph chose to make Clay Aiken the target of his humor in the ad, and
PETA
didn't object because Aiken recently told Rolling Stone, "I think cats are
Satan. There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about 16, I
had a kitten and ran over it." PETA deals with dozens of cases of cruelty to
cats every week and knows firsthand how damaging statements like this can
be-impressionable kids often mimic what their "idols" do. Aiken never
responded when PETA wrote to him."
________

Old November 29th 03, 08:02 PM
Cat Protector

I have to wonder if the SPCA is really true on its mission there? I would
think they'd be smart enough to stand up for the cats in this case. However,
we once again have an organization turning a blind eye to what he said
simply because he is Clay Aiken. I still don't see how it can be said that
calling cats "Satan" and saying there is nothing worse than a house cat can
be seen as being blown out of context. Those were the Aiken's actual quotes
and he has said it more than once. Of course his fans will back him no
matter what he says or does. It is a real shame that he has yet to come out
an apologize to those he offended.

Old November 30th 03, 08:48 AM
Cat Protector

He claims it was an accident but anyone who would refer to a cat as being
"Satan" or saying "there is nothing worse of a housecat" certainly leaves
the incident as an accident as being questionable. I think PETA was probably
reminding the Aiken fans that he is no god.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
They're a lot truer to animals and to people than PETA will ever be. The
quote all along was about his guilt at accidentally killing his cat -- a
guilt a lot of people share, and it's psychologically sound to feel a
horror of the victim. I'm glad they took this stance since it makes so
much more common sense than PETA's did. As usual, PETA was out for
sensationalist publicity rather than for animals.

And, for the record, I don't even know who Aikens is or what he's famous
for.

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/
http://slywy.diaryland.com/