Litter Boxes

Old July 11th 04, 03:29 PM
JBHajos

Default Litter Boxes

Just wondering how those of you, like Victor, have multiple cats and
deal with multiple litter boxes. I have only the two kitties and it's
driving me up the wall. I use scoopable litter and have to scoop out
the two boxes 4 or 5 times a day. I'm sure we could make a pyramid
out of the local landfill with the tons of clumps we bag up daily.
Between Hobo's diabetes and Speckles' kidney disfunction, they seem to
spend half their days peeing. I think I'd go absolutely insane if I
had seven cats to cope with!!!!

Jeanne
Old July 11th 04, 04:55 PM
Pat

"JBHajos" wrote in message
I use scoopable litter and have to scoop out
the two boxes 4 or 5 times a day.

Jeanne, are you using tiny boxes? In winter when my four are mostly indoors,
I provide two large, deep boxes that get scooped every second day. In
summer, it goes down to one box that rarely needs scooping out.

Old July 11th 04, 06:08 PM
O J

On Sun, 11 Jul y, Jeanne wrote:

Just wondering how those of you, like Victor, have multiple cats and
deal with multiple litter boxes. I have only the two kitties and it's
driving me up the wall. I use scoopable litter and have to scoop out
the two boxes 4 or 5 times a day. I'm sure we could make a pyramid
out of the local landfill with the tons of clumps we bag up daily.
Between Hobo's diabetes and Speckles' kidney disfunction, they seem to
spend half their days peeing. I think I'd go absolutely insane if I
had seven cats to cope with!!!!

I think I mentioned this before, but we have the worlds biggest cat
box. We have six indoor cats and it can go a full day without
cleaning at all. It's a concrete mixing trough that you can get at
any building supply or large hardware store. It will hold two of
those huge twenty-five pound scoopable cat litter containers with room
to spare. Of course, you need a place to put it, which thankfully we
have.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old July 11th 04, 08:34 PM
Victor Martinez

JBHajos wrote:
Just wondering how those of you, like Victor, have multiple cats and
deal with multiple litter boxes. I have only the two kitties and it's

We have a total of 3 boxes: a regular sized one in our bathroom, a big
one in the guest bathroom and a really big one (a purr-fect privy) in
the studio. They get scooped once a day, most days... sometimes I
forget... we usually fill up one gallon-sized ziploc bag per day.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 11th 04, 10:51 PM
~*Connie*~

you might want to consider the flushing litterbox.. you hook it up to your
washing machine.
http://www.smarthome.com/6123.html

Old July 11th 04, 11:48 PM
JoJo

I've actually heard that on a local pet show. The guy who runs a chain of
pet stores said most cats like to have large areas to scratch around in and
even the jumbo boxes aren't big enough. The cement mixing trough is exactly
what he recommended. I've been giving serious thought to it. I just need a
wooden pallet to place it on as my basement will get water on the floor on
occassion (which is where most boxes are).

I have two boxes (jumbo) on first and second floor - have to empty the one
on first floor almost twice a day, they use it frequently.

Connie - I've seen the "flushables" on ebay, always wondered if they work.
Know anyone that's tried them? Of course given my plumbing issues, may not
be good idea in this house! (I can see me calling the plumber....my cat
stuffed it's toilet, can you come fix it?!)