Puddles of Sunshine

Old February 22nd 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Puddles of Sunshine

John tells me his adopted cat Precious has discovered the joys of playing
(and napping) in puddles of sunshine. Persia is a sunshine cat, so I can
relate

When Precious isn't doing that she's in his lap. He has a hard time telling
her he wants to get up. She's clingy. Given her neglected background
that's understandable. But hey, if you have to get up to go to the bathroom
just tell her to get down. Then get up and go. She'll figure it out. And
she'll come back

Jill

Old February 23rd 12, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

you might warn him that it can be very complicated for a man being
snoopervised, the err "streaming wter" might be irresistable... this
happened to DH when TV thought it was a game, i ended up cleaning the
bathroom as DH was changing clothes, then we had to catch tv and give him a
bath as he leaped and landed in the bowl, it was funny at the time but it
took dh a couple of days to see the humor, Lee

Old February 23rd 12, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Oh, he's been owned by other cats. I don't really know why Precious's
behavior is such a surprise to him. Seems perfectly cat-like to me I just
like when he calls to tell me cat stories; it's fun

Jill

Old February 23rd 12, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:29:21 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

John tells me his adopted cat Precious has discovered the joys of playing
(and napping) in puddles of sunshine. Persia is a sunshine cat, so I can
relate

When Precious isn't doing that she's in his lap. He has a hard time telling
her he wants to get up. She's clingy. Given her neglected background
that's understandable. But hey, if you have to get up to go to the bathroom
just tell her to get down. Then get up and go. She'll figure it out. And
she'll come back

Jill

I own a house because of puddles of sunshine. Around 16 years ago I
had Nico and Bushkey and lived in a fairly large but mostly sunless
apartment. Depending on the season, at around 3pm a stray beam of
sunlight somehow managed to find its way into the living room, where
both cats would try to lie in it.

One day I was visiting an old friend who needed to sell his house, so
I jokingly asked how much he wanted for it. And I bought it, mostly
because it had some southern exposure and I figured the boys would
love that. Well, it was a little more complicated than that, but
certainly a driving force was that I wanted them to have the sunlight.
Plus the ability to go into the backyard!

They're both long gone, but the current four felines lie in the sun
all day and don't realize the debt they owe Nico and Bushkey.
Old February 23rd 12, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

I own a house because of puddles of sunshine. Around 16 years ago I
had Nico and Bushkey and lived in a fairly large but mostly sunless
apartment. Depending on the season, at around 3pm a stray beam of
sunlight somehow managed to find its way into the living room, where
both cats would try to lie in it.

One day I was visiting an old friend who needed to sell his house, so
I jokingly asked how much he wanted for it. And I bought it, mostly
because it had some southern exposure and I figured the boys would
love that. Well, it was a little more complicated than that, but
certainly a driving force was that I wanted them to have the sunlight.
Plus the ability to go into the backyard!

They're both long gone, but the current four felines lie in the sun
all day and don't realize the debt they owe Nico and Bushkey.

That's really cute! Of course, the southern exposure doesn't hurt you,
either. Do you grow plants in the south-facing windows?

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com

Sunshine RB Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 July 5th 11 11:21 PM
Sunshine Kitty :) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 December 1st 06 06:40 PM
need a vetinarian to adopt Sunshine! ima 2toedsloth Cat rescue 0 October 28th 06 10:17 PM
get your locally improving car in my sunshine Prof. Jezebel D. Di Melo Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 09:34 AM
Eternal Sunshine (OT) Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 4 April 27th 04 03:58 PM