SICK and TIRED of people dumping their animals......

Old June 24th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default SICK and TIRED of people dumping their animals......

On 23 Jun, 03:23, sheelagh wrote:
On 23 Jun, 00:59, bookie wrote:

On 22 Jun, 17:53, sheelagh wrote:

On 22 Jun, 02:51, bookie wrote:

On 21 Jun, 19:47, "Ron Herfurth" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

I am SICK and tired of cleaning up after people. I live in NY and
just recently my wife and I went to the catering hall that is hosting
our wedding and noticed a cat eating out of a catering dish. We asked
the catering manager and he told us that someone dumped him and that
he has been there for about 4 months. We have found several cats
homes in the past. We live in a very small apt. and have 4 cats. We
didn't get him yet, we are thinking this weekend.

I really don't understand why people dump a member of their family.
These low life people are too ignorant to realize that a house cat
cannot live off berries and leaves.

That's the problem, they don't live off berries and leaves they live off of
rabbits and birds.
So, pardon the rant, the next time PETA and Audobon start bitching that
feral cats need to be eliminated we should suggest they rediret their hatred
toward the people that dump the un altered cats who's offspring are the
ferals they hate so much.

that's why pretty much every animal rescue group giong promotes
spaying and neutering of our cats and dogs, in order to try to curb
all these extra kitties and puppies being born with noone willing to
take them in (or possibly even worse, take them in then abandon them
to fend for themselves when they get too big and expensive)
unfortunately too many people don't listen and can't be bothered
getting their animals sorted out, they whinge about the cost etc,
selfish *******s, then they get lumbered with a litter of young ones
which they cannot look after, hence they get dumped. very sad- Hide quoted text -

Sadly very true indeed.
S.- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't mind so much if they dumped their unwanted cats in my
direction, I wouldn't mind having a whole pile of kitties to look
after and fuss over and spoil. Problem is I would not be able to
afford it and I know i would just keep them all and not bother finding
homes for them and we would be overrun quite soon and the kitties
woudl probably start being unhappy, but a houseful of purring furballs
is a nice fantasy to have for a while- Hide quoted text -

Here are a few photos of the kittens. I thought you might like to
meet them both. Bandit is the little male seal Bi-Colour kitty, & HRH
Meepz is the female Blue mitted kitty. I meant to post it with the
prior posting, but forgot to copy & paste the link to them. We think
that they are around 6-7 weeks old now. we got them around nearly 2
weeks now, so they are growing really fast & are starting to look like
cute kitty's now.

When they 1st arrived, they looked far too small to leave mummy, so
there were lots of kitty formula made and mixed with kitten food to
wean them as fast as was reasonably possible. Every time they see the
baking tray now, they shout their little heads off, thinking it is
dinner time!
I was a little concerned as to how all of our other cats were going to
react to the in the begining, but Belle was fine with them. Lilly
thought they were dreadful nuisance, & surprisingly, Taz, the seal
male has been keeping them under his paw. He has cared for them,
bathed them & protected them as well. it was all rather odd actually.
Lucy (fur!) just growled @ them, then scrambled upstairs as far away
from them as she could, & Ringo was delighted to have them to play
with.....
Mind you, all potty training has been down to Belle, who has done a
brilliant job with them. not a single accident so far. Wonderful, hey?

All we need now are the best slaves that I can find for them.
I am going to hate parting with them, but needs must I think. we still
have a few weeks to mull over the idea of it all....
I am enjoying having them though )

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...ToKeepOrToHome

S;o)- Hide quoted text -

how the hell were they allowed to leave their mother at 6 weeks? that
is just outrageous! untterly reprehensible to snatch the poor little
mites away form the ir mum so early when they need her the most,
utterly disgusting.
there really should be some sort fo law banning kittens and pups being
separated fomr their mums until at least 12 weeks of age, and it was
irresponsible fo the original owners to have taken them so yourng too
(but then from what you describe they don't seem to bright anyway,
what the hell did they really think their pit bull was going to make
of these little balls of fluff anyway? cretins).
great though that they did come to you and have a surrogate mum and
dad inthe shape of belle and taz, bless them, stories liek this just
break my heart and I wish i could give them a home but jessie would
not hear of more intruders in her house.

i do hope you find them a good new home and perfect slaves, they
didn;t ask for this dreadful start in life which must have been so
upsetting and disruptive for them with all the upheaval, poor little
mites

purrs and hugs to the little angels, bookie