Mere snippets 3

Old April 19th 05, 06:36 AM
Marina

Default Mere snippets 3

The integration of Mere into the family proceeds. Last night, Mere and
Nikki slept right beside each other, almost touching. Earlier in the
day, they had played several rousing games of chase, where Nikki chased
Mere. Every time Nikki stopped and went to do something else, Mere would
sneak up on her, 'tag' her, and the chase was on again. Mere was
certainly enjoying herself, but I don't know if it was fun for Nikki, or
if she was serious about the chase. She never hurts Mere, though.

Mere has discovered what the washbasin is for. It's the perfect kitten
bed, and appropriate for a bit of grooming, too. The way to get there is
to wait until Meowmie crouches down to clean the litterbox beside the
washbasin, then jump on her back and up. The funny thing is, she never
seems to learn that when I'm finished cleaning the boxes, I wash my
hands. Every single time she gets wet, and every single time she seems
just as shocked. This makes me suspect that she's something of a
'blonde' in the cat world. This must be why using the spray bottle on
her every time she climbs a curtain does not help one bit.

I think Nina has been sending a bit of badness this way. One day, I
discovered that the toilet paper had been chewed and clawed a bit.
glare in Nina's direction Fortunately, Mere isn't taking her TP art
quite as seriously as Nina. At least not yet. She'd only cut through a
few layers, and hadn't pulled any off the roll.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 19th 05, 06:36 AM
Mary

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

I love your posts! About paper shredding, my little tabby, who
is a terribly polite girl, surreptitiously shreds paper towels, then
looks at them like "how did that get there?"

Old April 19th 05, 08:07 PM
CatNipped

"Marina" wrote in message
The integration of Mere into the family proceeds. Last night, Mere and
Nikki slept right beside each other, almost touching. Earlier in the day,
they had played several rousing games of chase, where Nikki chased Mere.
Every time Nikki stopped and went to do something else, Mere would sneak
up on her, 'tag' her, and the chase was on again. Mere was certainly
enjoying herself, but I don't know if it was fun for Nikki, or if she was
serious about the chase. She never hurts Mere, though.

Sounds like it was just for fun - when cats fight for real you'll know it by
the noise they make! It's good that Mere is helping Nikki get her exercise!

Mere has discovered what the washbasin is for. It's the perfect kitten
bed, and appropriate for a bit of grooming, too. The way to get there is
to wait until Meowmie crouches down to clean the litterbox beside the
washbasin, then jump on her back and up. The funny thing is, she never
seems to learn that when I'm finished cleaning the boxes, I wash my hands.
Every single time she gets wet, and every single time she seems just as
shocked. This makes me suspect that she's something of a 'blonde' in the
cat world. This must be why using the spray bottle on her every time she
climbs a curtain does not help one bit.

LOL. No, I think that's just kitten stubborness! ;

I think Nina has been sending a bit of badness this way. One day, I
discovered that the toilet paper had been chewed and clawed a bit. glare
in Nina's direction Fortunately, Mere isn't taking her TP art quite as
seriously as Nina. At least not yet. She'd only cut through a few layers,
and hadn't pulled any off the roll.

Oooo... and so the fun begins! LOL!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!

Old April 19th 05, 08:43 PM
Gabey8

LOL at Mere's antics!

Paper products must be utterly infested with greeblings, particularly the
products that reside on cardboard rolls. This must be why our felines have
such a fascination with products that fit that description. I never got
around to posting my "The Mighty Hunters Killed the Paper Towel Roll"
story a few weeks ago. But Captain and Stanley decorated half the basement
with the remains of the roll of paper towels they killed. Between the
shreds of paper scattered everywhere, and the paper carpet left behind as
the towels attempted to roll away from their attackers, there was no
mistaking what the boys had spent the night doing.

I wound up stowing what was left of the roll of paper towels in a large
bucket, so the cats would have a harder time getting at it. I stored the
carpet of unrolled towels in there, too, so I could use it to wipe up
things like spills on hte cellar floor. (The boys' wrestling tends to
spash water out of their dishes on a regular basis.)

DH's take on matters is that the cellar frequently looks like the
aftermath of a bar fight. ) I've become adept at restoring things to
their original condition while I'm half-asleep. ;o)

Donna and the 1-year-old hoolikittens, Captain and Stanley

Old April 20th 05, 12:08 AM
Karen

Yeah!!! That sounds like successful integration to me!

Old April 20th 05, 01:41 AM
Shiral

Oh My! My fame as a disciplinarian of Paper Greeblings has reached
clear to Finland! But Mere, you've got to try WADING in the wash
basin. I promise you, it's FUN! So your paws get wet, but that makes
them easier to clean.
Your Friend Across the Pond,
Nina

Nina's Meowmie says...

Er, sorry??? =o)

I've had major outbreaks of the Morning Zoomies on the part of both my
girls for two mornings running, now. When I make my pitstop on the way
to the kitchen to feed my little dears, I find the bathroom rug in a
completely crumpled, wadded up state in the back corner of my bathroom
floor. If my bathroom was any larger, I'd swear Nina could use the rug
as a toboggan. =o) Lots of chase-races going on between mother and
daughter at my place with the onset of Spring. Pan just sits on the
bedside table looking bored and superior, while informing me "it's
BREAKFAST TIME, already!"

Melissa

Old April 20th 05, 02:29 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 19 Apr 2005 01:36:24a, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

[...]

LOL! Glad things are going well. I had to tie my curtains up high
in knots to keep kittens from climbing them. They finally lost
interest and they're back down now. Blinds are still interesting
though. I'm so glad her and Nikki are getting along better. Even
if they never snuggle, you'll probably find them side by side a
lot! Rhett is funny with Bonnie. He just swaggers up to her and
does the kitty-lean into her and practically knocks her over.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old April 20th 05, 04:51 AM
Marina

Gabey8 wrote:

LOL at Mere's antics!

Paper products must be utterly infested with greeblings, particularly the
products that reside on cardboard rolls.

LOL at the carnage in your basement! I think you're right about the
greebling infestation in paper products. Maybe that's why Nikki is so
mad at Me she showing Nikki and Frank up for the lazy complacent
oldies they've become.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 20th 05, 04:57 AM
Marina

Shiral wrote:

Oh My! My fame as a disciplinarian of Paper Greeblings has reached
clear to Finland! But Mere, you've got to try WADING in the wash
basin. I promise you, it's FUN! So your paws get wet, but that makes
them easier to clean.
Your Friend Across the Pond,
Nina

I don't know if I want to try that, though I do enjoy sticking my paws
into Meowmie's glass and testing the water there. I also push my head
into it and sometimes manage to topple the whole glass over.

Your sincere admirer as TP artist,
Mere

Nina's Meowmie says...

Er, sorry??? =o)

I've had major outbreaks of the Morning Zoomies on the part of both my
girls for two mornings running, now. When I make my pitstop on the way
to the kitchen to feed my little dears, I find the bathroom rug in a
completely crumpled, wadded up state in the back corner of my bathroom
floor. If my bathroom was any larger, I'd swear Nina could use the rug
as a toboggan. =o) Lots of chase-races going on between mother and
daughter at my place with the onset of Spring. Pan just sits on the
bedside table looking bored and superior, while informing me "it's
BREAKFAST TIME, already!"

Frank does the same thing. He stays out of the way when the girls zoom
around. Mere has travelled far and wide with my bathroom rug. I never
know where I'll find it next time I go into the bathroom. She likes to
creep under it and then walk about, 'disguised' as a bathroom rug. Then
she can pounce on her squirrel or mousie, and they never see her coming!

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 20th 05, 05:00 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

LOL! Glad things are going well. I had to tie my curtains up high
in knots to keep kittens from climbing them. They finally lost
interest and they're back down now. Blinds are still interesting
though. I'm so glad her and Nikki are getting along better. Even
if they never snuggle, you'll probably find them side by side a
lot! Rhett is funny with Bonnie. He just swaggers up to her and
does the kitty-lean into her and practically knocks her over.

LOL! Mere tried that with Frank a few times, but he was still upset with
her for hissing at him the first days, and he jumped out of the way as
she leaned in. Poor Mere fell smack on the bed each time. Then she had
to save face and make as if she meant to do that, 'I was only playing,
yeah,' bap bap bap at Frank.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!

More mere snippets Marina Cat anecdotes 3 April 13th 05 03:43 PM
Mere snippets Marina Cat anecdotes 5 April 3rd 05 11:14 PM
Mere progress Marina Cat anecdotes 20 March 31st 05 12:20 AM
Mere standoff Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 27th 05 06:40 AM
Mere is here! Susan M Cat anecdotes 58 March 25th 05 10:21 PM