is this normal?

Old February 11th 04, 10:05 PM
Karen M.

"frigamia" wrote in message ...
Hello there,

My cat Misha is 40 days pregnant today. Everything is going very good. She
seems happy, she "talks" and purrs as much as she always did. She's been
more quiet in the sence that she doesn't play so much or climb the cat tree
so much anymore but I would imagine that is normal. I called her vet
yesterday morning to make sure I was doing everything all right. It is a
long time ago we had pregnancy in the house, as my 3 other cats are spayed.

The vet adviced me to start mixing kitten food with her usual food... and
increase the kitten food as time goes. This is very good for pregnant and
nursing cats.
Here comes the thing...
Misha has been eating SO much lately. I had noticed that she was eating more
before I put her on kitten food, which is normal with the pregnancy... But
now that I feed her away from the other ones, I notice it even more. She is
asking for food very often. I'm wondering if it's ok? Should I give her food
each time she asks for it? or is this just because she likes it so much?
She,s always been a good eater, but now I'm afraid to give her too much. I
was thinking I could give her the kitten food 3 times a day, and if she is
more hungry, the "adult" food is always available at "the normal cat food
place". What should I do? I know she needs to eat smaller portions, more
often in the day, because of the pregnancy and the belly taking so much
space ...
Other than that, she rests a lot... and as I said, everything is fine, her
litter box activities are normal as well... Oh and talking about box... she
even already took property of the birthing box I put out for her in a quiet
corner of my room.

Thanks for help and advice... As you can see, I'm watching her pregnancy
closely... counting the days and making sure all is normal. I know I'll get
messages telling me that this cat shoudl be spayed

Yes, this is exactly what I'm going to say. There are too many cats
being put to death due to overpopulation. Have this litter, enjoy it
and *please* spay your cat after they're born!

Best Regards,

Karen

and I'm such an idiot to
let her have babies... tell if you like.

Regards,
Mia and Misha.

Old February 11th 04, 10:20 PM
kaeli

In article , zuzu22
@webtv.net enlightened us with...
Kaeli wrote:

And what exactly gives professional
breeders and their animals special
privileges and makes them not
responsible for taking away homes from
those dead dogs and cats?

My opinion.

Nice try at evasive action, but it won't fly. What exactly do you base
that opinion on?

I don't care if you think it "flies". It's my opinion. I don't have to
justify it to you or anyone else. That's why it's an opinion. If I'd
said it was fact, I would expect to have to justify it.

I also never said anyone in particular was, or was not, responsible for
the deaths of animals.
No one person or industry has that responsibility alone. That is also my
opinion.

"Just because a cat has papers does not mean it or its breeder has
special privileges or is immune from ethics."

That's an opinion. You're entitled. And that opinion actually has
nothing to do with the facts you posted.
The facts are quite true. I did not dispute that breeders contribute to
the deaths of shelter animals merely by adding to the population. The
opinion based on that fact differs.

I'm done after this. I don't generally argue over subjective
interpretations of facts. There's no point.

~kaeli~
A lot of money is tainted - It taint yours and it taint mine.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old February 12th 04, 03:26 AM
C.T.

Frigamia, ignore the ones who want to put you down. They did it to me to run
me off, which they did, I only lurk now and nothing has changed in here, but
don't let them do it to you. Don't give them the time of day if they are
going to be cruel. Good luck to your kitties.

Christina

--
http://www.picturetrail.com/christinamarie34
wrote in message
Mia wrote:
Did I come out like an irresponsible
person to you?

And followed that with:
I have 4 cats, 3 spayed, 1 pregnant.

Breeding cats when millions are dying for lack of homes IS
irresponsible.

snip attempt to justify irresponsible actions

Otherwise, please, keep your comments
for you. I do not need them.

Whether you need them or not is irrelevant. You posted to a public
forum, and anybody can respond and say anything they like despite your
protestations. If you don't like it, tough.

I am happy for the miracle of Life.

There is no "miracle of life" for the millions that are killed for lack
of homes, and you need to take responsibility for the results of your
intentional breeding:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/overpopulation

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 12th 04, 04:10 AM
Cheryl

C.T. wrote in on 11 Feb 2004:

Frigamia, ignore the ones who want to put you down. They did it to me
to run me off, which they did,

Sure we did (which is why you keep posting?). Get over it psycho.

I only lurk now and nothing has changed
in here

Uh huh. lol

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

Old February 12th 04, 04:30 AM
frigamia

Of course I will, this was planned since the very beginning

Thanks for your concern,
Mia

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...