Now THAT was a sound I hope to never hear again...

Old April 6th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Now THAT was a sound I hope to never hear again...

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Tessica was getting underfoot this morning and I HAD to go and do the
laundry... I picked up the full basket and the detergent and opened
the front door and went out... our door is very stiff so when you push
it shut from the outside it doesn't close all the way and you have to
give it a hard shove. I shoved the door with my back (remember I was
juggling a full armload of laundry and detergent and had no hands
free) and I heard anguished yowls behind me. I turned around and saw a
black paw sticking out of the door that I'd just shoved! I dropped the
basket and pushed the door open again and she fled to the back of the
house yowling...

She doesn't seem to be limping and John got her playing with the
feather on a stick and jumping for it... but it must have hurt!
Poor baby! Can we have some purrs for her poor little leg? I feel like
the world's worst meowmie

Try not to fret too much about it. Somehow kids and pets usually
survive their parents' foibles. She's all better now, isn't she?

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 6th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-05, Karen AKA Kajikit penned:

She doesn't seem to be limping and John got her playing with the
feather on a stick and jumping for it... but it must have hurt!
Poor baby! Can we have some purrs for her poor little leg? I feel
like the world's worst meowmie

Eep! Purrs for her foot and for your frayed nerves.
Unfortunately, these things happen.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 7th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

You are a great meowmie, Karen. Accidents happen. Soncek for some reason
likes to stand behind me so I have accidentally stepped on him a few
times. He yowls really bad and I feel awful, but then I apologize to him
and he is ok in a few minutes.
Lots of purrs for Tessie and hugs for you, Karen,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 10th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I heard anguished yowls behind me. I turned around and saw a
black paw sticking out of the door that I'd just shoved! I dropped the
basket and pushed the door open again and she fled to the back of the
house yowling...

When the Fabulous Furballs were only about 4 months old, I heard from
the lady who had their mum. She kept the last female kitten from the
litter (I was going to take her as well because if she couldn't find
all of them homes she was going to give them to the petshop but she
fell in love with her) and one dawn morning her husband stepped out,
onto a black metal stair. It wasn't too bright and the kitten being
small and black was not visible....An accident waiting to happen.... he
stood on her and alas she had to be PTS because of the resulting
injuries

This made me aware that you have to put very careful around kittens.
But despite my being so very careful, the next morning after hearing
the sad news, I was closing the bedroom door and Redunzel stuck her paw
on the hinged side. I pulled it back fast but I swear I felt her paw go
"crunch" and she let out the mother of all anguished yowls then ran off
on three legs.

So there we are looking up our vets emergency number and thinking "She
must have a broken paw" when she wanders back in as if nothing has
happened, not limping and quite puzzled when we made a huge fuss of
her....Not that she complained when the fussing equated to some extra
food of course

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs