Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

Old March 11th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

Default Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
I'm afraid if you have a pet, Jac, you have to make sure you have
enough enough money for the vet's bills if you are not known to this
group. Several of us here have been helped with enormous vet's bills
by each other, but we've known each other for years on rpca
(mainly) but you just can't come here as a stranger asking for vet's
bills to be paid.

I hope you manage to find the money, it's not coming from me. ~did
it once for a stranger, not again. Tweed

Yep, I'd agree , if yopu have a pet and don;t think you'll be able to
afford a vet bill then that's what insurance is for.

Not that all insurance covers all contingencies...as I found out.
Mine would not have covered cancer!
And I still carry it.

Boyfie's bank account for the vet got totally blown when his intestines
were
poking out. Luckily I got some help from the group.
I never want to rush to the vet at midnight again, I'm not supposed to
drive at night. But of course I did.
Some people might say he is not worth 800 pounds vet bill and I could
get a
new cat for a lot less. I disagree about his worth, that boy is worth
million pounds to me.
I thank everyone who contributed to his vet bill. It was a bit of a
shocker. He is more than fine now; like it never happened. I can
assure
you I will never forget rushing to the vets with what I thought was a
dying
cat. It's hard not to panic when your cat is disembowelled.
so I did panic, so much that I could hardly speak to the vet when I
phoned
up, I could hardly breathe.
Anyway, he didnt believe me at first but I wasn't waiting for him to
suspend
his disbelief.
He said "some people say intestines are out and they aren't" I said "I
am
not stupid.. be there to save him the moment I get there"
He was and he did.
That's something Boyfie & myself don't want to go through again..
I wanted to rush there at 70 mph, but not a good idea Lots of police
cars
about at midnight cruising around waiting for an opportunity to stop
you.
Saw several but they had no excuse. They have thingies in their cars
that
tell them whether I have insurance, car tax etc and providing I do (I
have)
and am not speeding they take no interest. Although I think they take a
note of you "who is this driving around at midnight when they should be
in
bed by now?" I'm sure they checked me out and ruled me out as a drug
dealer ;-)
I am fairly sure that that they might have have accompanied me with blue
lights had I told them. Most police like animals and if they don't have
much to do at that exact moment. Likely at midnight here when they are
parading about. They are looking for drunk drivers at midnight. I am
sure
they wouldn't have minded helping
Boyfie's rush to the vet.
I like the police, I worked with them for many years, but I cannot say
would entirely trust them.

On a very rare night when we were out at about 2am driving home from a
friend's house, DH realised we had a police car following us. They
followed us for miles and only when we turned right towards our street (we
were about 100 yards away by then) did the police car turn left. Obviously
we were going home and hadn't stolen the car or anything. Actually, it
made me feel that they do keep an eye on what's going on. Maybe even saw
us safely home. I think that they wouldn't have minded helping Boyfie
especially as he was in such a shocking state.

Judith

more likely they'd have breathalysed me. Like "why are out in your car at
midnight? you must be drunk"
Luckily I didn't get noticed on the way there. I did get get followed by a
police car on the way back but he had no reason to stop me. Police cars
can check from my licence plate a) whether it is my car b) if I have a
licence to drive it and how old I am c) if it has an MoT d) if I have
insurance

if an 18 year old boy was driving my car, he wouldn't have got far on the
way back. but given everything was in order and I looked like the age of the
owner of my car, the police got bored and went somewhere else. Out in the
country near my vet, there's not a lot for them to do. Except check out
people driving around at midnight (who should be in bed)
My brother was once a milkman. He had to get up at midnight to go in for 2
a.m. He often used to get stopped by the police on his way to work "And
where are you going at this time of night?" Which is good thing I
suppose,he could have been a burglar. It used to annoy him though as they
used to breathalyse him every time (until they got used to him)
It's not expected here that we are out and about at silly o'clock in the
countryside. In the town, yes, at weekends.
Out here the police expect us to be in bed at a reasonable hour and if they
notice we are not, make sure your car is in order and you haven't had any
alcohol.

Old March 18th 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
would entirely trust them.

On a very rare night when we were out at about 2am driving home from a
friend's house, DH realised we had a police car following us. They
followed us for miles and only when we turned right towards our street
(we were about 100 yards away by then) did the police car turn left.
Obviously we were going home and hadn't stolen the car or anything.
Actually, it made me feel that they do keep an eye on what's going on.
Maybe even saw us safely home.

No, they weren't seeing you safely home, they were following you to see
what you were doing at 2 a.m

Once upon a time one of my brothers was a milkman and got up at stupid o
clock to do it. He got stopped by police cars regularly on his way
there "why are you out at this time of night?" They thought he was a
burglar!

The police were disappointed if they thought we were doing anything
remotely exciting.

Judith

similar. I don't do anything that might that would worry the police. given
that I worked with them for 20 years