Frontline Plus Cost

Old October 1st 03, 10:49 PM
SpehShul When Lit

Default Frontline Plus Cost

Hello,
I just got back from the vet and paid $45 for 3 applications(1 box) of
frontline plus for cats and kittens....ouch, this seems a little high to me
and was wondering if thats the going rate or not?any place where i can get
it cheaper?look forward to all replies!
Don

Old October 2nd 03, 06:50 AM
-L.

"SpehShul When Lit" wrote in message ...
Hello,
I just got back from the vet and paid $45 for 3 applications(1 box) of
frontline plus for cats and kittens....ouch, this seems a little high to me
and was wondering if thats the going rate or not?any place where i can get
it cheaper?look forward to all replies!
Don

You can buy frontline in the large dog size and divvy it up on your
cats if you have more than one cat. I buy mine from VIP Pet Service
in bulk, at reduced prices, but I don't know if they are nation-wide
or not. I just got 12 month's supply of large-dog Program for $79.00
- which is about 1/4 of what the vet charges here. Since I use 1/2
tab/dog/month, both of my dogs are set for the next year. It is also
effective against ringworm in cats, so an added bennie, if I use it
for the cats.

-L.

Old October 2nd 03, 07:08 AM
guynoir

I paid about $55 for a six pack of large dog Advantage at Petmeds.com.
Applied one tube to four cats, 12 drops each and still have at least one
more application left in the tube. Frontline is also available at
Petmeds.com, but Advantage has a replacable cap.

What I like is going to the vet, asking "What's wrong with my cat?" and
the vet says: "I don't know. Twenty-five dollars, please."

Old October 2nd 03, 05:33 PM
Shawn & Michelle

That does seem pretty pricey - Pet Meds has the same amount advertised
for $33.99. Unfortunately, you will need a prescription to order
Frontline from them, but perhaps your vet will be willing. Here's the link
to it:

http://www.1800petmeds.com/ph_result...name&curpage=1

Or, if your vet won't give you a prescription, you can call around for
prices. I did this when I needed Revolution and found many vets that
were within a few dollars of the 'online' prices. I was told they needed
to drop their prices to be competitive. You can try telling your vet
how much the online charge is and perhaps they'll get with it! I"m
sure they're losing customers because of their high prices.

Michelle