Small Animal Clinical Nutrition book / Mark Morris Institute

Old November 28th 03, 10:45 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:
Cheryl wrote:

I hope you didn't attempt :"Black Friday" shopping.
lol NOT ME!!! hehehe Rainy day here any way.

No way!! I've been watching movies on TNT, like "Uncle Buck" and
reading. After this I'm taking Bub out for a little exercise (or is
it the other way around??). I ate so much yesterday it was gross.

Most of us didn't really eat that much, surprisingly. Some have been
sick (my sis's twin tots) and her hubby, and now my mom who called me
just a little bit ago and said she was at the dr today and has a
virus. She cooked most of the dinner. lol I hope my immune system
is up. YIKES. Between rain storms I got the rest of my christmas
lights up outside. I didn't really want to make a big deal out of
Christmas this year but I'm trying hard to at least find some spirit.
I might even put up a tree if Miss Bonnie can stay out of it. It will
be her first. Shamrocks, too, really since last year he was attacking
the tree even before ornaments went on so I left it with just lights.

This morning I had to put her back in "her" room to try to get a urine
sample. She's still acting weird with the litter box and only peeing
small amounts frequently even after the ABs. The vet was booked up
until Monday so I said I'd try to get a sample and bring it in. They
said to line an empty litter box with a trash bag but though I saw
claw marks like she was in it scratching, she wouldn't go. After the
noon time limit to bring the sample in, I let her out and of course
she was running around lookign for a box to go in. I thought maybe I
could bring the sample a little past noon so tried to redirect her to
the plastic bag lined tray, but no luck. The sneaky girl ran
downstairs to use the box there. I guess it'll have to be taken by
the vet if I can't get it tomorrow am. She has an appt Monday evening
and it'll be a miracle if I can even get her there.

Old November 28th 03, 10:45 PM
Cheryl

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:

Old November 28th 03, 10:46 PM
Karen M.

Cheryl wrote:

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:

So I hope you had a good holiday, or just a plain good day, and
sorry I broke my promise, though I doubt you'll lose any sleep over
it. I'm
going to go back to cheering on (and ribbing) my fellow cat lovers.

Best to you,

I'm glad you did. None of us know enough about cat nutrition
otherwise we wouldn't be here. I think the views of some of the
posters are what get us going, not just what they say, but how they
say it. They are insulting to anyone who doesn't agree and says so.
Sorry your holiday sounded trying.. same here hon. Hope it's better
today! I hope you didn't attempt :"Black Friday" shopping. lol NOT

Old November 28th 03, 11:12 PM
Karen M.

Cheryl wrote:

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:

Cheryl wrote:

[...]

Vitamins vitamins vitamins!! Take your vitamins! That's what I've been
doing so far this season after I got a nasty cough. And since then I've
felt fine. You're so good, I haven't done *anything* with decorations
yet. I'm trying to tell myself I'm going to get the dining room painted
this weekend while BF is away. It's so nice to be lazy.

I'm sorry Bonnie is being difficult. Why do cats have to make such a big
fuss over their urine? Don't they understand we need it??? LOL!

Old November 28th 03, 11:12 PM
Karen M.

Cheryl wrote:

In ,
Karen M. composed with style:

Old November 29th 03, 01:45 PM
Lorraine

On 28 Nov 2003 10:11:51 -0800, (Steve Crane)
wrote:

By your way of thinking if Steve Morse is involved

By my way of thinking? Where did I state what I was thinking? I was
thinking was that I might be wrong on the address being the same as that
for Hill's offices. I have since confirmed [to myself] that I was
correct. The rest of the post was simply what I had found in about 15
minutes of research. I was bored and a bit curious about the
discrepancy between what you were saying and what was quoted in articles
from KSU and then by Cornell along with the MMA/MMI discrepancy.

If one looks at the faculty listed by MMI at
http://www.markmorris.org/mmi/main/credentials.jsp
one would have to wonder about a Hills/MMI connection. Of ten people
listed, nine are currently employed by Hills Pet. The remaining is a
former Hills employee. What would be the address for MMI? They only
list a PO box on their web site. They do have phone numbers listed
there. I wonder where they terminate? 1035 NE 43rd, perhaps? Yes, I'm
thinking that they probably do.

FWIW, I really don't think there is a big pet food conspiracy involved
in SACN. I have not seen the book, and probably never will. I have a
17-year-old cat that was raised on dry SD. She is basically healthy, but
has developed a few problems in her old age. I have only looked at
other brands because I want to add wet food into her diet and she shakes
her paw and walks away from canned SD after just one sniff. So, I read
the food threads as painful as they may be.