Bruiser was locked out

Old March 24th 04, 08:26 PM
John Biltz

Default Bruiser was locked out

Its been record breaking hot for Vegas in March and I have been staying
up later and later. Bruiser loves this since he gets to stay out late.
Last night, I went to bed around 4. I stayed up an extra 30 minutes
waiting for him and even went looking. Normally, he comes in to eat
every 2 hours and after 2 when he comes in I either go in or seal the
patio off so he can't run and I can go to bed around 3. But he didn't
come back to eat, which with Bruiser worried me more than not being able
to find him. I got up at 9 (I normally only sleep 5 or 6 hours a night)
opened the patio door and he flew in, gave me a quick meow of
chastisement as he ran by, dashed to the food bowl and dug in. The poor
guy had went a whole 7 or 8 hours without eating and was starving. I
think that is the longest fast of his life.

Old March 24th 04, 11:16 PM
Jo Firey

Sounds like Jake. He stays out for hours at a time. Is very hard to get in
when we want him. Sneaks out at the last minute when the dog has to go out
to pee, etc. And then is on the back step looking like the most forlorn
abandoned cat in the world at three am when we finally wake up and look to
see if he's ready to come in.

Jo

Old March 25th 04, 03:34 AM
Christine Burel

"John Biltz" wrote in message
Its been record breaking hot for Vegas in March and I have been staying
up later and later. Bruiser loves this since he gets to stay out late.
Last night, I went to bed around 4. I stayed up an extra 30 minutes
waiting for him and even went looking. Normally, he comes in to eat
every 2 hours and after 2 when he comes in I either go in or seal the
patio off so he can't run and I can go to bed around 3. But he didn't
come back to eat, which with Bruiser worried me more than not being able
to find him. I got up at 9 (I normally only sleep 5 or 6 hours a night)
opened the patio door and he flew in, gave me a quick meow of
chastisement as he ran by, dashed to the food bowl and dug in. The poor
guy had went a whole 7 or 8 hours without eating and was starving. I
think that is the longest fast of his life.

Such a relief to have him back, I'm sure!
Poor starving baby!
Christine