Now THAT was a sound I hope to never hear again...

Old April 5th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Now THAT was a sound I hope to never hear again...

Tessica was getting underfoot this morning and I HAD to go and do the
laundry... I picked up the full basket and the detergent and opened
the front door and went out... our door is very stiff so when you push
it shut from the outside it doesn't close all the way and you have to
give it a hard shove. I shoved the door with my back (remember I was
juggling a full armload of laundry and detergent and had no hands
free) and I heard anguished yowls behind me. I turned around and saw a
black paw sticking out of the door that I'd just shoved! I dropped the
basket and pushed the door open again and she fled to the back of the
house yowling...

She doesn't seem to be limping and John got her playing with the
feather on a stick and jumping for it... but it must have hurt!
Poor baby! Can we have some purrs for her poor little leg? I feel like
the world's worst meowmie
Old April 5th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
news
[...]

You're not the world's worst meowmie; things happen. My biological mother
slammed my hand in the door when I was but a child and I've forgiven her.
:~) Purrs that nothing got crushed, though, or no infection sets in.

kili

Old April 5th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Poor baby :-( it wasn't your fault. I bet you aged 10 years when you saw
that paw. Lots of purrs for Tessie, though I expect she's forgotten it by
now.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 5th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs that it was just a soreness that quickly wore off. But my
sympathies--I felt terrible when I stepped on poor Pan by accident and
broke his poor leg. Accidents will happen, Karen. Don't beat yourself
up about it. Kittens get into the darndest places!

Melissa

Old April 5th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 5 Apr 2006 09:46:34 -0700, "Shiral" wrote:

Purrs that it was just a soreness that quickly wore off. But my
sympathies--I felt terrible when I stepped on poor Pan by accident and
broke his poor leg. Accidents will happen, Karen. Don't beat yourself
up about it. Kittens get into the darndest places!

Melissa

Looking on the bright side, I'm hoping that this may have cured her
obsession with the front door! Maybe a little aversion therapy will do
what we haven't been able to, and stop her trying to run outside... I
had to chase her down the landing again the other day when our
neighbour came over and was a bit slow coming in. Usually she runs to
the door and I grab her and pick her up so she can't go out, but I was
busy talking to him! That's her third trip to the Big Out and I really
hope it's her last... I'm going grey from worrying about her!
Old April 5th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw....I am always stepping on Lily's paw or tail and the shriek she lets out
just breaks my heart! Hope the yowl sounded worst than the hurt. Please kiss
Tessie's paw for us.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 5th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

Tessica was getting underfoot this morning and I HAD to go and do the
laundry... I picked up the full basket and the detergent and opened
the front door and went out... our door is very stiff so when you push
it shut from the outside it doesn't close all the way and you have to
give it a hard shove. I shoved the door with my back (remember I was
juggling a full armload of laundry and detergent and had no hands
free) and I heard anguished yowls behind me. I turned around and saw a
black paw sticking out of the door that I'd just shoved! I dropped the
basket and pushed the door open again and she fled to the back of the
house yowling...

Aww, poor Tessie! These things happen when you have little ones
underfoot - I've done it, too. But it still feels terrible, to you as
well as to the little paw. Sounds like she'll be OK, so you don't need
to worry. I guess it's a good lesson for both you and Tessie - you to
take an extra look before slamming, and Tessie to stop running outside!

Purrs,
Joyce

Old April 6th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

She doesn't seem to be limping and John got her playing with the
feather on a stick and jumping for it... but it must have hurt!
Poor baby! Can we have some purrs for her poor little leg? I feel like
the world's worst meowmie

Purrs, I hope her leg is all better by now. Caliban is underfoot all the
time, it's a wonder I haven't stepped on him yet. I can imagine the
guilt trip if I ever do. It's not your fault, Karen. These things happen.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi