Playing with your cat

Old March 7th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat[_2_]

Default Playing with your cat

Next time you play with your cat, think about this comment by the 16th
century French writer, Michel de Montaigne...

"When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more
than she is to me?"

Is it true at your place? Certainly it is at mine!
Old March 8th 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:
Next time you play with your cat, think about this comment by the 16th
century French writer, Michel de Montaigne...

"When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more
than she is to me?"

Is it true at your place? Certainly it is at mine!

That quote by Montaigne always makes me think about my niece's cat,
Kasper (who is Mir's half-uncle). He does use my niece as his pastime.
His games are very specific and he has a lot of rules that my niece has
not been quite able to work out. One involves an almond, and Kasper
inside a box, but we don't know exaclt ywhat is supposed to happen then.
Another one is the classic where he pushes something off a cabinet, my
niece puts it back up, and he pushes it back down. And again and again
and again.

This is Kasper:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/...f69f9337b0.jpg

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 8th 10, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Bobcat wrote:

"When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more
than she is to me?"

That quote by Montaigne always makes me think about my niece's cat,
Kasper (who is Mir's half-uncle). He does use my niece as his pastime.
His games are very specific and he has a lot of rules that my niece has
not been quite able to work out. One involves an almond, and Kasper
inside a box, but we don't know exaclt ywhat is supposed to happen then.

And it has to be an almond, specifically? That's pretty strange!

This is Kasper:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/...f69f9337b0.jpg

What beautiful eyes!

Joyce
--
Let's stop calling it "climate change", it's far too mild. It's like
calling a foreign invasion "unwanted visitors".
Old March 8th 10, 09:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Marina" wrote in message
Bobcat wrote:
[...]

Oh Kasper is adorable. I believe the serious demeanor in the photo is a
ruse hiding a very busy mind. Your family seems to attract unusual cats and
bring out the best in them.

I just laughed myself silly over your description of the almond game. I
mean I was just goofy....thanks very much,
I needed that.
Karla

Old March 8th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
Bobcat wrote:
[...]

Kasper is such a glorious cat.

Jo

Old March 8th 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Bobcat wrote:
[...]

Kasper is so sleek and beautiful. Is he "blue"? MLB
Old March 8th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Mar 7, 3:19*pm, Bobcat wrote:
Next time you play with your cat, think about this comment by the 16th
century French writer, Michel de Montaigne...

"When I play with my cat, who knows if I am not a pastime to her more
than she is to me?"

Is it true at your place? Certainly it is at mine!

What better plaything for a kitty than her own two-leg??? Louie and I
are well-accustomed to being our babies' toys. Stosh has been
positively frustrated since I got my hair cut. (a full two feet!) The
resulting braid is very short, nothing at all like the vine my bulky
little Tarzan used to try to swing from, and not much good for playing
Swat or Grab. But he and Brandy still adore a good vigorous game of
Wrestlefoot as I awaken and wiggle my little piggies beneath the
blankets. China-Doll's favorite interactive pastime is a game of Whack-
a-Mole, with our various facial features as her key targets. A special
reward comes her way if she hears an obscenity with double points for
foreign words. Most of the kids also love to get hold of my hair
scrunchies and swat them about. China especially comes up with ways to
play with them including hockey, volleyball, basketball and lacrosse.
Sabrina is more delicate in her play. If we posiiton our petting hands
right, she'll play "duck," which is her ducking her head around so
we'll pet the other side. Roxie does not use us as a playground,
preferring the fishing-pole-thingy; Philip is too busy lying around on
a nip buzz to do much else but be cute.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old March 9th 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

MLB wrote:
Marina wrote:
This is Kasper:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/...f69f9337b0.jpg

Kasper is so sleek and beautiful. Is he "blue"? MLB

Yes, he's a Russian Blue. Won a few prizes at cat shows in his younger
(and thinner) days.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

playing catch??? bostic1212 Cat anecdotes 8 January 12th 08 03:55 PM
playing games with your cat little.mama Cat health & behaviour 0 January 17th 06 06:47 PM
playing again W. Leong Cat anecdotes 3 July 8th 05 07:22 PM
Playing and then he leaves [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 March 14th 05 02:38 AM
How can you tell it's playing and not aggression? Governor George Liquor Cat health & behaviour 15 September 20th 03 02:25 AM