Happy Thanksgiving

Old November 27th 08, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone everywhere. I know that other countries have
other dates for their days of gratitude, but this is America's and one that
I look forward to every year. We won't be doing the meal at the house this
year as there are only three of us here to have it and It just doesn't feel
right to only make a tiny meal. So we're taking a friend of ours with us to
a restaurant and munching out there. It works for me. I get too attached
to the turkey every year and can't eat it after I've had such an intimate
friendship with it. You know, naming it, basting it every fifteen minutes
with chicken broth, patting it with butter, stuffing it with it's favorite
snack food and so forth. It took me years to figure out what my problem
eating my own turkey was, but I finally got there. Pity as I really like
cooking them, but then I have to watch it cut to bits and so forth. Ham is
harder to get attached to, but my doctor has informed me that baked chicken
or fish would be better us all. Sigh.

So, again I find myself ruminating on the reason for the day and feeling
gratitude for all my friends and internet family, my physical family, and
all that we have and do separately and together. I'm grateful my health,
ability to read and do most of the things I love, and be with the ones that
I love. I'm grateful for 24.5 years married to the most wonderful and
understanding man I could have ever known, and for the children we share
together. I'm grateful for the owners and the many ways they entertain,
comfort, and make me laugh. Thank you all for the laughter, caring,
stories, pictures, and other catly posts that you have allowed us to share
with each other over the years. May we regain our perspective and love each
other for many years to come.

Pam S.

Old November 27th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Happy Thanksgiving back at you! This is our first Thanksgiving as
husband/wife so it's kind of special. We'll be alone, since my sister
is visiting her grandbabies and our other special friend we always had
for dinner retired this year and is living in the NE. I'm so thankful
for Eric and the fact we're healthy, physically and mentally. We both
still have good jobs, our old kitty Tiger is still with us, and I know
so many wonderful people, particularly you RPCA'ers.

I'm not cooking, really, today either. I picked up a complete dinner,
from appetizer to coffee and pie from our local Target store. Came in a
huge box and all I have to do is heat things up. So the house will
still smell wonderful but a lot less work. We'll have lots of leftovers
to munch on tomorrow as I'm putting up the Christmas trees and
decorations.

Anyhow, happy thanksgiving to all!!

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew