is Zodiac safe to use for fleas

Old October 2nd 03, 04:47 AM
Laura

ok guess i won't use the spot on stuff, is the shampoo ok though? if not
what shampoo can i use?

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Lauralai" wrote in message

i was wondering if Zodiac is safe to use for fleas. I went to the
website and it says that it's active ingrdient is methoprene

Zodiac also contains permethrin which can cause seizures in cats. I know

of
several cats that needed to be treated with phenobarbital and/or valium to
control seizures, and in some cats, dexamethasone to control severe

seizures
after being treated Zodiac. Permethrin also causes drooling, vomiting

and
muscle tremors in cats.

You may want to rethink using Zodiac products on cats.

Phil.

Old October 2nd 03, 04:59 AM
Phil P.

"Laura" wrote in message
ok guess i won't use the spot on stuff, is the shampoo ok though?

I was referring to the shampoo

if not
what shampoo can i use?

I don't recommend *any* over the counter flea product. For the safest and
most effective flea products, speak to your vet.

Good luck.

Phil..

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Lauralai" wrote in message

i was wondering if Zodiac is safe to use for fleas. I went to the
website and it says that it's active ingrdient is methoprene

Zodiac also contains permethrin which can cause seizures in cats. I know

of
several cats that needed to be treated with phenobarbital and/or valium

control seizures, and in some cats, dexamethasone to control severe

seizures
after being treated Zodiac. Permethrin also causes drooling, vomiting

and
muscle tremors in cats.

You may want to rethink using Zodiac products on cats.

Phil.

I don't think

Old October 2nd 03, 06:18 AM
Laura

ok, thanks, i thought you were referring to the spot on stuff.
i might try phoning around tomorrow after school to see if there are any
vets that don't cost as much or who would give out the flea control but i
don't think that they will, odds are i'm going to have to bring them to the
vet next thursday since they have no appointments open tomorrow and that's
when my vet has vacination days

Old October 2nd 03, 06:40 AM
-L.

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
In ,
Lauralai composed with style:
hi

Hi Lauralai.

i bought the shampoo today since petsmart didnt have any of
the zodiac spot on in, they should get it thrsday though and i
haven't used the shampoo yet because i may get the spot on zodiac
if it works fairly well and has no cases of harming animals. if
not i may have to take the vet in to the vet but i would rather
have that as a last resort

I don't know the answer to your question and hope someone else does
but it made me think about something. I wonder why Bayer can't market
Advantage in single tubes (especially the large dog size which you can
measure out and treat multiple cats) for those who can't afford 6
months worth at a time?

Some vets sell them this way. We did because we often used a single
tube during grooming.

-L.

safe at home! Norm Cat anecdotes 12 October 2nd 04 04:01 AM
Any safe port John Biltz Cat anecdotes 5 February 28th 04 08:18 AM
safe pesticide fogger? Betsy Cat health & behaviour 14 July 18th 03 09:57 PM