Alternative to Nutro Lite?

Old November 11th 03, 07:52 PM
Gandalf

Default Alternative to Nutro Lite?

I read with much interest the thread on Nutro food(s). I have been feeding my
now 7 YO indoor only cat Nutro Max Lite for several years. No problems yet;
Kenzie has never been sick in any way in the 4 years or so since I got her, but
I'd rather not find out the hard way. She was eating Iams 'reduced calorie'
before the Nutro Lite. (Kenzie isn't a very active cat, and weight control has
been a bit of a problem).

Recommendations for an alternative food, please? I was actually going to buy a
20 lb bag of Nutro Lite *tonight*, as I'm almost out. Kenzie only eats dry food,
BTW.

I'd prefer a brand I can buy at either PetSmart or PetCo, so I can make the
switch while I still have some Nutro left, to mix in to make the change.

Another possibility is buying a small bag of Nutro lite today, and then
obtaining some better food from another source. I'd appreciate specifics about
where to obtain brands not found in stores. (I know my vet carries several kinds
of foods, not available in stores, but I'm not sure which ones).

I should mention that Kenzie gets a multivitamin tablet every day, which
includes an impressive number of ingredients, including taurine. I take much
better care of her than I do myself; I seldom remember to take my own
multivitamins g

~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC and the unmercifully, relentlessly sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 11th 03, 10:23 PM
Joe Canuck

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

You cannot go too far wrong with Science Diet, but first see if you can
get a small sample of it to try with your cats.

Don't run out and buy 10 pounds of the stuff only to find out they don't
like it.

Are you looking for a dry? If so try the SD Adult Chicken & Rice.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old November 11th 03, 10:31 PM
MaryL

"Gandalf" wrote in message

I take much
better care of her than I do myself; I seldom remember to take my own
multivitamins g

Isn't that the truth? I monitor my cats' diets carefully and weigh them
regularly, plus have a selection of toys to encourage exercise. And what do
I do for *myself*? -- well, I eat everything that isn't good for me, avoid
exercise at all costs, and watch my weight rise steadily!!

MaryL

Old November 11th 03, 11:22 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Or SD Light.