'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

Old February 21st 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default 'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Old February 21st 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H
http://tinyurl.com/mql5m
The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

I have a hard time believing it is healthy - according to who, the owner?
How would he even clean himself! Friggin' sad.

NanCe

Old February 21st 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to
eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this creature on Fox News (Fox Report with Shepherd Smith), poor kitty
has a 31.5 inch waist - can't stand up for very long, and is unable to even
climb up the steps they made/bought so that it can get onto their bed - poor
thing would get up one step and stop, and they would lift him/her the rest
of the way. And it's not chicken and pork, it's chicken and PORT (as in the
wine)

There's a video link on www.foxnews.com - under "Today's Features", or do a
search for "Big Boned", which is the title of the clip. It's also under
Free Video under the title of Skinnerville.

Old February 21st 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
NMR wrote:

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to
eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this creature on Fox News (Fox Report with Shepherd Smith), poor kitty
has a 31.5 inch waist - can't stand up for very long, and is unable to even
climb up the steps they made/bought so that it can get onto their bed - poor
thing would get up one step and stop, and they would lift him/her the rest
of the way. And it's not chicken and pork, it's chicken and PORT (as in the
wine)

There's a video link on www.foxnews.com - under "Today's Features", or do a
search for "Big Boned", which is the title of the clip. It's also under
Free Video under the title of Skinnerville.

I saw that.

I'll never again refer to Bubba as "fat".

Claude
Old February 21st 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article ,
says...
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I just had to euthanize a 27lb cat who had gone down to 24lbs. The
reason was that he had a multitude of problems including hepatic
lipidosis, diabetes, kidney failure, a UTI, osteoarthritis and those are
just the few I can remember.

According to the vet it's genetic.

Old February 21st 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes T wrote:

I just had to euthanize a 27lb cat who had gone down to 24lbs. The
reason was that he had a multitude of problems including hepatic
lipidosis, diabetes, kidney failure, a UTI, osteoarthritis and those are
just the few I can remember.

I'm sorry to hear this.

I don't know the circumstances of his weight loss, but if he was sick
and not eating, then he might have lost weight too quickly, which can
*cause* hepatic lipidosis. If a cat needs to lose weight, it should be
done very carefully, to avoid overwhelming the cat's liver with too
much fat as it's being burned for fuel. I'm not saying it's your fault,
even if you were trying to slim him down, because it's pretty tricky.
Most vets will say that if you're going to put your cat on a diet, it
should be done under the vet's supervision.

Of course, your cat had other problems, too, some of which might have
been caused or aggravated by his weight, so it wasn't all that simple.

Joyce
Old February 21st 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Good gawd, they are killing that poor cat :-( It's waist is bigger than
mine and 6 lbs of meat per day?!?! I eat that in a week and I'm a 5'6"
human.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old February 21st 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"NMR" wrote in message
news
The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
for the poor cat. (

Helen M

Old February 21st 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Helen Miles wrote:

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but
prefers to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
for the poor cat. (

Perhaps this is a hoax? That site is full of tabloid junk. Who knows
how much of it is true? Or, even if somewhat true, perhaps greatly
exaggerated?

Joyce
Old February 21st 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:87d0223f1aab93e15df8f4b9bf24b002.76411@mygate .mailgate.org

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel sorry
for the poor cat. (

Helen M

And I forgot to mention that 225g of that is gooshy canned food!

Helen M