Smudgie is Lost!

Old July 3rd 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! - update

On 3 Jul 2010 15:50:40 GMT, Dan M wrote:

We are closing in on her. A man found her collar nearby and brought it
to us at lunchtime. Whilst it means she is now less identifiable at a
distance, I know she is near to home. I walked past where the collar
was found this morning and didn't see it so I know she has been nearby
in the past 5 or so hours. I have put some worn socks into the bushes
near to home, hung my dressing gown over the back fence, and walked back
from where the collar was found in my bare feet just in case it leaves a
scent she can follow. I can almost hear her purr!

Sharon

That's very promising! Don't forget, no matter how close your attachment
to her and her to you, once an indoor cat gets outside their behavior
changes radically. They shift info survival mode, so even though she
loves you greatly she still might be afraid to show herself to you, even
if you're only a foot away! So it's going to be up to you to find her -
be sure to look into the little hidey places where a kitty could secret
herself away. If you have some nice tasty, smelly treats in hand there's
a good chance you can distract her long enough to grab her so you can
carry her home.

We're keeping the purrs and prayers coming.

Dan

Just a thought you might want to keep in mind: livetraps.

A few well placed livetraps with some smelly food in them overnight
where she has been seen or lost her collar might be what you need.
You would just have to make sure they were checked often. Just a
thought.

Prayers and purrs still on the way to you.

Old July 3rd 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening
Smudgie chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never
been out of the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking
the streets calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is
scared of strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put
leaflets thru doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping
the "power of the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

We are closing in on her. A man found her collar nearby and brought it to
us at lunchtime. Whilst it means she is now less identifiable at a
distance, I know she is near to home. I walked past where the collar was
found this morning and didn't see it so I know she has been nearby in the
past 5 or so hours. I have put some worn socks into the bushes near to
home, hung my dressing gown over the back fence, and walked back from where
the collar was found in my bare feet just in case it leaves a scent she can
follow. I can almost hear her purr!

Sharon

We are purring and praying for your efforts to be successful now. MLB
Old July 3rd 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
[...]

Ramping up the purrs, I know they'll work.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old July 3rd 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut wrote:
[...]

Just wondering: what was the condition of the collar when found? was
it closed or opened? Under what circumstances did he find it? Was it
inside an outbuilding or near bushes, etc? Did the man seem to be a pet
lover or not? Is he willing to help look again? Best wishes. MLB
Old July 3rd 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie[_2_]

Just wondering: what was the condition of the collar when found? was it
closed or opened? Under what circumstances did he find it? Was it inside
an outbuilding or near bushes, etc? Did the man seem to be a pet lover or
not? Is he willing to help look again? Best wishes. MLB

The collar was closed, which I thought odd as she wears a kitten collar as
the adult ones are too big, so it should have come undone if she had been
caught up. The guy said it was on the pavement outside his house and his
wife insisted he bring it to us. He gave us his address but I haven't
knocked there yet. He did seem like a nice man and was pleased I was
pleased to have the collar.

Ive been walking around so much that I now have people coming up to me
saying "are you the cat lady"? It's great cos so many people are out
looking off their own backs too after seeing the posters! I've also been
telling the kids there is a reward and one little chap has been looking for
her all afternoon! The only trouble I have found is we have been getting
phone calls saying "oh I saw her yesterday morning". If the walkabout
tonight with torches doesn't bring about any sightings I think it will end
up being a case of "your cat is in my garden, I can see it now, come
straight away".

I'm counting the hours til darkness falls (3hrs 20 mins!) to look again

Sharon

Old July 3rd 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is greatnews, Lee
newsCIXn.65230$U%7.34661@hurricane...

Old July 3rd 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

I'm so glad you've had some good news - her being home would have been
better, but this is good too!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old July 3rd 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

We are closing in on her. A man found her collar nearby and brought it to
us at lunchtime. Whilst it means she is now less identifiable at a
distance, I know she is near to home. I walked past where the collar was
found this morning and didn't see it so I know she has been nearby in the
past 5 or so hours. I have put some worn socks into the bushes near to
home, hung my dressing gown over the back fence, and walked back from where
the collar was found in my bare feet just in case it leaves a scent she can
follow. I can almost hear her purr!

Sending huge rumbling purrs to Smudgie that she finds her way home to
you ASAP!! Don't give up, she is not far away! Go out and about in the
quietest hours of the early morning, just after dawn, and call her so
she knows where you are.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 3rd 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:40:17 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:

I would really appreciate some GYFBH purrs please. Yesterday evening Smudgie
chased a cat over our fence and kept on running. She has never been out of
the garden before so I am super worried. I have been walking the streets
calling her name and shaking her food box but no luck. She is scared of
strangers so will not approach anyone for help. I have put leaflets thru
doors and on lamp posts etc. I am so worried and am hoping the "power of
the purrs" will help guide her home.

Thank you so much
Sharon

Sending more GYFBH purrs!

I KNOW she is nearby, and it's only a matter of time before she turns
up.

I am sorry to hear her collar came off. But, *so many* people know about
her, and you looking for her, that if somebody finds her who hasn't seen
a poster about her, *someone* will tell them where Smudgie belongs.

And, thank goodness, she *is* micro chipped, so if she gets taken to a
vet, or a shelter, they will find you.

I can only imagine how upset you must be.

And poor Smudgie! She must be terrified somewhere.

But, I *know* you will get her back, and it won't be very much longer.

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100703-1, 07/03/2010
Tested on: 7/3/2010 4:15:25 PM