Goodbye Kibbie, 5/?/1990 - 1/16/2011

Old January 18th 11, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kyla =^ ..^=

Default Goodbye Kibbie, 5/?/1990 - 1/16/2011

From: "Kyla =^ ..^="
Subject: OT OT: Goodbye Kibbie, 5/?/1990 - 1/16/2011
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

Hi everyone:

Just a note to let you know that SO and I have said goodbye to Kibbie,
our 20-yo kitty, as of yesterday. What a sweet girl, and what a trooper.

It happened suddenly (if anything like this can, with a 20-yo), beginning
Saturday morning. I picked her up for some cuddles Saturday morning, and
she was purring and head-butting and asking for kisses as usual. I put
her down so SO and I could have breakfast, and she wandered off to
"meatloaf kitty" by herself, again usual. After breakfast, she was doing
some plaintive meowing (again, usual behavior for the past year or so),
so I picked her up again for more cuddles -- only this time, she didn't
know who I was. Physically about the same as usual, but mentally just
completely not there at all. She was okay with me holding her for a
little bit, but didn't seem to react to me at all. As the day went on it
was just clear she was "gone" mentally.

She stayed physically strong and wanted to simply wander, to the point
where we couldn't put her in the carrier to calm her because it was too
small and I was afraid she would hurt herself trying to move around. So
SO built her a safe enclosure out of some boxes that was big enough for
her to move as much as she wanted to without hurting herself but would
still keep her safe, and I put some towels and a shirt I'd worn in there,
for comfort. Every so often I'd go pet and talk to her, or try to get her
to drink or eat or use the litterbox, but there was no change. She slept
fitfully and wandered throughout the night.

Yesterday we found a wonderful local vet who came in and met us at his
clinic. He thought she'd probably suffered a small stroke that had mental
but not physical effects, hence the instant change in behavior. She was
still so physically strong (at almost 21 years old!) that he had to
sedate her before he gave her the final shot. And then we said goodbye.

We will miss our sweet, incredibly strong and brave girl. Kiri and
Mollie, our other two kitties, are being extra cuddly today, and we're so
glad we have them.

--
Kim Olson

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about about Kibbie, I will put up a Candle site
for her here and on RPCC as well.
She had a great life with you and you loved her and she loved you back and
that's what matters.
Purrs from our kitties for her safe trip to Rainbow Bridge, and for your
broken heart.
Love
Kyla
(((((((Kim)))))))

Old January 18th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

From: "Kyla =^ ..^="
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...'
It's hard to let you go.
Sincere condolences. MLB
Old January 18th 11, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Kibbie is from another group I subscribe to MLB and you can light a candle
for her if you'd like.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Kiri
Kiri was her nickname.
Thanks. Love, Kyla

Old January 18th 11, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

ai dint gnow dat. Nope. fank yew fur dat infurmashun Anti Soft.
ai hav been heer onlee sinse layte dec, 2007, sew ai dint gnow hur. Luvz,
Mosey

Old January 18th 11, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:02:44 -0800, "Kyla =^ ..^="

From: "Kyla =^ ..^="
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

[...]

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm glad that Kibbie lived a long full life, and that when she had to
leave for the Bridge, she didn't suffer for a long time, like so many
cats do.

When a cat gets to be as old as Kibbie was, each and every day is a
gift.

Kibbie is at the Bridge now, waiting for you and your SO.
Old January 18th 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

From: "Kyla =^ ..^="
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

Hi everyone:

[...]

What a hard time for you. I understand how you must be feeling and of
course you know you have done the right thing. You've helped a little
creature you loved pass on because it was better for her. True love.
Hope your sore heart mends soon.

Best wishes to you.
Bess
Old January 19th 11, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

hi judith,

the cat lived with and owned kim olsin and her so, i asked kyla/mosey to put
u p a candle because my screen reader doesn't do well on the site... kim
posted here long ago,

soft
In article ,
From: "Kyla =^ ..^="
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:39 PM

[...]

I usually only lurk here but I want to say how sorry I am Kyla, that you
have lost Kibble. at least she didn't suffer.

Purrs for her safe journey to The Bridge and for you and all who loved
her.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old January 20th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

come back and post or lurke anytime, soft, with six cats nodding and purring
"Judith Latham" wrote in message
Ahh... Thank you, that makes it clearer.

Judith