Catproof Office Chair?

Old November 30th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rhino[_3_]

Default Catproof Office Chair?

I'm looking at replacing my main office chair for my home office and would
like to find a replacement made of materials that are cat-proof.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for a chair that will _repel_ cats; I'm
perfectly fine with them sleeping on that chair. I just want a chair that
they won't destroy with their claws.

One of my cat often gets on my guest chair and digs his claws into the seat;
it's pretty badly damaged. He also shredded the back of my previous main
chair. He just loves to stretch up to the top of the chair back and rake his
claws downward. (And yes, I have both a scratching post and a scratching pad
nearby.)

There must be materials that they simply don't like and will leave alone but
I'm not sure what to look for. It would really help me to find out which
materials they will leave alone so that I can get a chair made (mostly) of
that product.

Any suggestions? What has worked for you?

--
Rhino

Old November 30th 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Nov 30, 10:47*am, "Gramby" wrote:
Micro fiber and a good set of often used clippers.

Klippers? I don' FINK sew. Wut a badbad idearment. Ms. Piglett haff
Gramby report to da nex boot camp.

--
Missy

Old November 30th 11, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2011-11-30 12:00 PM, Rhino wrote:
[...]

I've heard leather is good, but I don't actually own any leather
furniture, so I don't have first-hand experience.

Tightly-woven materials might also help, but in my experience are no
guarantee that some cat won't love them. I tend to use double-sided tape
(which someone here suggestsed) in the most vulnerable spots, but that
won't help if they scratch the seat.

Materials other than wood are good for the main structure of the chair,
too. My cats love wood even more than their scratching posts.

--
Cheryl

Old November 30th 11, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

leather isn't good, my brother has it and one cat loved it more than wood,
soft

Old November 30th 11, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Missy, I hazta giff herself a pazz on diz wun, iffin my nailz getz too long,
mine feetz hurts. So duz O T"a Piglett uderstanding the clippers but not
liking them any better

Old November 30th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

gramby onct had a real leafther chair, az I said onct had!!!! 3 of 4 cats
look around for that SUMCAT that scratched on it, destroyed it that is

Old November 30th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
minnow

In article
,
Will in New Haven wrote:

On Nov 30, 10:47*am, "Gramby" wrote:
Micro fiber and a good set of often used clippers.

Klippers? I don' FINK sew. Wut a badbad idearment. Ms. Piglett haff
Gramby report to da nex boot camp.

I dun like it wen meowmie puts dem on, but SoftPaws keeps me from hurtin
her an da furnichur and is *pretty* when dey's on so kinda worth the
puttin on. Dey even got sparklies now.

- Shadow
Old December 1st 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Pit2nya and her predecessor Dyna (RB) were fine with the living room
recliners AND the 2 office chairs, all leather. An occasional clawprick
when getting up into the recliner, but we've had them for 10 years and
they are going strong (The chairs that is).
Sylvia