Cruel to be kind?

Old June 23rd 04, 09:42 PM
Vee

"Wendy" wrote in message

"Vee" marrowjam@[totally wild}blueyonder.co.uk wrote in message

Just a minute!! "only shows interest in the kitchen at the appointed

meal
times. Has she lost any weight? - no. "

But hey she's not gaining either )

Ahhh!

Anyway... Would you believe this morning husband pinched the cat food

and
lugged it downstairs because 'well he was crying...'
'How much did you give him???'
'A handful...'

I think men must have a diet sabotage gene.

I think 'some' men are just daft. I mean, if you trudged about, awkwardly on
a crutch, would you start teasing a cat with the end of it? Like:
'Pounce, cat! Chase the mousy! Here cat,' tickle-tickle. Then he moans when
said cat throws himself bodily at the end of the crutch when he is walking.
Mad. He will end up falling on the animal and then there will be two silly
beggars rolling about on the floor.

I give up.
Vee

Old June 23rd 04, 10:01 PM
Vee

"MadHatter" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:28:26 GMT, "Vee" marrowjam@[totally
wild}blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

I am distraught - but not half as distraught as that damn cat.

vee.

ouch. we had a daughter of our cat spayed at about 6 months and she
turned from a slim, long-legged shy kitty into a barrel on little
legs. i told my mom to give her diet food and not feed her any more
than she feeds the other cat. my heart goes out to you and you
Phantom.

You know, I never realised that female spayed cats also can go chubby. You
live and learn.

Blimey, isn;t this a busy group?

Vee

Old June 23rd 04, 10:27 PM
Mary

"Vee" marrowjam@[totally wild}blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

In his own room!

Very old world and elegant. I believe one of the secrets of a good marriage
is separate rooms. That way visiting is always special and nobody becomes a
snoring lump in the middle of the bed who hogs the covers.

(He's still that when he sleeps in my room, but it's easier to take in the
afterglow!) EG

Old June 24th 04, 10:03 AM
Vee

"Laura R." wrote in message
circa Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:42:34 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Vee (marrowjam@[totally) said,
If you take the cat food into bed with you, where will your husband
sleep?

In his own room! Along with his walking frame, his crutches and his damn

sit
up and beg chair that has a cover reduced to ribbons by the cat - and

his
piles of magazines and his dropped clothes and his mountain of 'no don;t
touch, I need all that paperwork'.. need I go on?

I see British men are remarkably similar to American men.

Absolutely!! My first partner was from Michigan and take it from me, he was
JUST the same - only with him it was boating magazines and my current model
it is electronics and model railway magazines (sob).

I mean, do they REALLY need magazines going back to the 1960s? Really???

Vee - a dedicated 'if you don;t use it, dump it' person.