Another Working Cat

Old March 21st 04, 08:34 AM
Cathi

In message , Marina
writes

I couldn't imagine living anywhere but by the sea. Whenever I go inland, I
feel suffocated. Yuck! I only wish I could live where I could actually see
the sea, but I can't afford that. At least I know it's just aorund the
corner, and I get a glimpse of it every morning on the way to work. And then
there's summers on the island, of course.

Yup, same here. It's about ten minutes' gentle stroll away, and a drive
into town takes you along a stretch of road where the view is totally
uninterrupted. Am looking forward to the lighter evenings (starting
next week) so that I can go to the beach after work and pick up shells
for the path in my garden - it needs a top-up.
--
Cathi
Old March 21st 04, 03:45 PM
Jette Goldie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be by

the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean. I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all other
ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 21st 04, 07:46 PM
jmcquown

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta
be by the ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean.
I'd rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and
all other ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

Ahhhh, lovely! I want to visit Scotland very soon! My grandparents were
marrit in Glasgow around 1917.

Jill

Old March 21st 04, 08:37 PM

Bob M wrote:

It was $139. Really not bad. They did have rooms with a private jacuzzi
and fireplaces that went for $239 but I didn't take that one.

No, it's not so bad. About average, I'd say. Now, the fireplace I can
do without, but the jacuzzi would be nice...

Joyce
Old March 21st 04, 08:42 PM
Takayuki

John F. Eldredge wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:12:41 -0600, Bob M
wrote:

And don't forget to say hi to Ben(not his
real name) and Annabel Lee. The cat really did it's job and lured
this tourist right in.

Another cat named Annabel Lee! He must be a fellow Edgar Allen Poe
fan.

It's a good name for a cat that works near the sea.

Old March 21st 04, 08:47 PM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote

Ah, the sound of the surf. I was born in Oceanside, CA which I'm not sure
is really by the ocean. Oh well, I'm stuck in West Tennessee, at least for
the time being. Not that Tennessee is bad, mind you. But I really get sick
of Elvis jokes. Give me the mountains... with eagles soaring overhead.
Okay, maybe one day I'll drive down the pacific coast highway and see your
lovely Inn

I couldn't imagine living anywhere but by the sea. Whenever I go inland, I
feel suffocated. Yuck! I only wish I could live where I could actually see
the sea, but I can't afford that. At least I know it's just aorund the
corner, and I get a glimpse of it every morning on the way to work. And then
there's summers on the island, of course.

But you don't like fish, even those Scandinavian aged fish dishes?
Yet, you are of the sea.

I'm more of a forest person, and don't like being out at sea too long.

Old March 21st 04, 11:40 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:12:49 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be by the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean. I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all other
ocean-related dangers...

Just curious, but how would you feel about California on not so solid
ground ;-)

I was born and raised in Calif, but except for a few years in San
Diego never lived close to the ocean. My hometown is Bakersfield, best
described as irrigated desert.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 22nd 04, 03:07 AM
badwilson

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be

by
the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean. I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all other
ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

Hey, that sounds just like my home town, Vancouver :-) Mountains and ocean
close together is definitely a good thing.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 22nd 04, 04:39 AM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote in
"Marina" wrote:

I couldn't imagine living anywhere but by the sea. Whenever I go inland,

feel suffocated. Yuck! I only wish I could live where I could actually

see
the sea, but I can't afford that. At least I know it's just aorund the
corner, and I get a glimpse of it every morning on the way to work. And

then
there's summers on the island, of course.

But you don't like fish, even those Scandinavian aged fish dishes?
Yet, you are of the sea.

I'm more of a forest person, and don't like being out at sea too long.

I don't like meat either. ) And *no* one likes that fermented herring
thingie except crazy Swedes! ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki