Another Working Cat

Old March 22nd 04, 02:38 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:07:34 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta be

by
the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean. I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all other
ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

Hey, that sounds just like my home town, Vancouver :-) Mountains and ocean
close together is definitely a good thing.

But they make rain a lot of the time. Seattle is wonderful in that
way, too, but WET.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
Jette Goldie

--

Well, OK, *your* mountains are bigger than mine g

Vancouver is the one city in the world I could live in
other than Edinburgh. Been there 4 times now, and
would adore to move there. I love to *visit* other
cities, but Vancouver I could move to. For such
a large city it still has a "small town" feel - and the
friendliest place I ever visited. All you had to do was
open a map and some local would immediately stop
and direct you (or even conduct you) to where you
were trying to get.

(please - now I'm feeling homesick for Vancouver!)

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old March 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
Jette Goldie

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta

be
by
the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean.

I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all

other
ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

Hey, that sounds just like my home town, Vancouver :-) Mountains and

ocean
close together is definitely a good thing.

But they make rain a lot of the time. Seattle is wonderful in that
way, too, but WET.

Trust me - you don't know wet. Vancouver and Seattle
get about 1/4 of the annual rainfall of many Scottish
towns. I've visited Vancouver 4 times now, and only
had about 4 days of rain in total. Edinburgh - well,
I think we got that many days *without* rain last
year.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 22nd 04, 07:57 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:14:59 GMT, "Jette Goldie"
yodeled:

.. .

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Yes, I've been to Edinburgh in the spring. It did nothing for my
Seasonal Affective Disorder. :P

Old March 23rd 04, 03:11 AM
badwilson

badwilson wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, Marina. I feel the same way. Gotta

be
by
the
ocean.

I'm the total opposite. I guess deep down I'm afraid of the ocean.

I'd
rather be in solid land, far away from sharks, hurricanes, and all

other
ocean-related dangers...

I'm in Scotland. I can be beside the sea in 10 minutes - or up a
mountain in 20.

(from my house - under certain conditions - you can see both)

Hey, that sounds just like my home town, Vancouver :-) Mountains and

ocean
close together is definitely a good thing.

But they make rain a lot of the time. Seattle is wonderful in that
way, too, but WET.

Yes, that's true. But at least Vancouver isn't *quite* as wet as Seattle.
But you're right, it does rain a lot. That's one of the reasons we are not
going back there, as beautiful as it is. After having lived in Thailand for
3 years, we need to be where it's warmer and sunnier. That's why we're
moving to Australia eventually.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 23rd 04, 03:17 AM
badwilson

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Wow, I guess I really wouldn't be cut out for Edinburgh then if it rains
even more than Vancouver. I find Vancouver to be great in the summer but
for the rest of the year it's so depressing with all the clouds and rain.
And I'm not even bad that way. My hubby Dennis gets SAD *very* badly and I
remember many a weekend afternoon spent pep-talking him out of a major funk.
This has never happened since we moved to Thailand where it's always sunny.
Even during the rainy season when it rains twice a day, it's only cloudy and
rainy for an hour at a time.
I'm glad you liked Vancouver though. That's funny that you say it has a
small town feel and people are friendly. I'm originally from Victoria on
the island, and compared to that, Vancouver is such a big, scary city!

Old March 23rd 04, 03:52 AM
Sam Nash

badwilson wrote:
[...]

Yup. Rains ALL the time here (Seattle)
Sam

Old March 23rd 04, 06:12 AM
Helen Wheels

badwilson wrote:

But they make rain a lot of the time. Seattle is wonderful in that
way, too, but WET.

Yes, that's true. But at least Vancouver isn't *quite* as wet as Seattle.
But you're right, it does rain a lot. That's one of the reasons we are not
going back there, as beautiful as it is. After having lived in Thailand for
3 years, we need to be where it's warmer and sunnier. That's why we're
moving to Australia eventually.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Yup, 41C yesterday here in Purrth and 40C the day before. Warm
and sunny enough for you? It's supposed to dropping to a cool 36C
today. I miss rain, but we may have some in another couple of
months...

Helen Wheels

Old March 23rd 04, 01:21 PM
badwilson

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:

[...]

Ahh, that's hot for sure! Well, it's about 35C here in Thailand right
now...but something like 90% humidity...ugh. At least it's drier in Purrth
and the heat doesn't last 9 months of the year :-)

Old March 23rd 04, 07:39 PM
Bob M

badwilson wrote:
[...]

The last time I was in Seattle I saw a sweat shirt that said "Seattle
Rain Festival Jan 1 thru Dec 31." I almost bought it.

Bob