Metal bowls for Tiger?

Old March 26th 04, 04:31 PM
polonca12000

Purrs and best wishes for all infections to go away,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
I feed Vino from metal dishes and he still gets the acne on his chin :-(
But in this case it probably has more to do with the constant humidity,

etc
around here. I now take up his dish of wet food after 20 min. When the
zits get too bad, I squeeze them and then wash his chin with alcohol or
astringent. He's amazingly good about it. I also wash his chin with a
soapy cloth every few days.
The weather around here is just awful for this kind of skin problem. Even
in hoomins, it is common to get fungal infections (I myself suffer from
recurring oral thrush, aaargh, I hate it!) and often you'll get weird

things
growing behind your ears, even with 3 showers a day. TMI, I know...sorry!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

covered
in fur!
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 26th 04, 07:30 PM
Jo Firey

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
So your furry dictators are as spoiled as the Evil 3! Every time the

hoomins
get ice from the fridge door dispenser, a couple cubes go into the nearby
water bowls.....

Yes, but in all fairness, they are often the cubes that were first dropped
on the floor.

Jo

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
: We use heavy ceramic to beat the heat. Also are in the habit of adding
ice
: cubes to top off the water bowls in the summer.
:
: Jo
: "LOL" wrote in message
: m...
: Do any of you use metal bowls to feed outside cats? We are currently
: using those disposable plastic bowls to feed Tiger at the office; I
: was thinking of getting some metal bowls to use instead, but wonder if
: they'll get too hot in the summer? They will be in the shade, but it
: does get *mighty* hot here and I'm worried about water being too hot
: and food going bad. We don't leave the food out all day - we bring
: out a bowl upon request, but of course the water stays. Does the
: anti-skid rubber bit on the bottom act as an insulator? I don't want
: to use glass as they are on a cement porch and the bowls do get
: knocked around a bit. We can't really feed him on the ground instead
: of the porch because ants get into the food.
:
: Tiger, BTW, is spending somewhat less time indoors now that spring has
: sprung, but has gained some self-confidence when he does. Now he
: trots right in when the door is open; he may skitter right back out
: again, but there is no initial hesitation any more. And when Ozzy
: charges him, he will often back his ears and stand his ground instead
: of fleeing. On occasion, he will even raise a semi-threatening paw!
: Yay, Tiger!
:
: We'll make an inside kitty out of him yet. :-)
:
: ------
: Krista
:
: PS: Reminder here that Tiger and Ozzy pics are at RPCAPhotos!
:
:

Old March 28th 04, 04:10 PM
Stacey

------
Krista

PS: Reminder here that Tiger and Ozzy pics are at RPCAPhotos!

Don't know about the hot-ness of metal bowls, but I imagine they might heat
up in the sun. I have heard and witnessed that plastic bowls can give
kitties acne-like stuff on their chins (happens to Mr. Bob).

Stacey