Comfort purrs please?

Old November 17th 05, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Comfort purrs please?

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 17th 05, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs headed your way - that's a tough injury to cope with! The cortisone,
if it was injected properly, should kick in quickly, but once it does the
pain will subside. The only thing is you have to be very careful you don't
worsen the injury while the pain is masked by the cortisone.

Hugs,

CatNipped

. ..

Old November 17th 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:
I am miserable.

Lots of purrs. Did you get good drugs? ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 17th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lots of purrs. Did you get good drugs? ;-)

Dang, no. Because of my diabetes (nerve endings are shot), I can't take
anything stronger than Advil or Aleve or I start upchucking.
Heh.
Lily's mama

Old November 17th 05, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-16 19:22:54 -0600, "Irulan" said:

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped
any. Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at
all? And then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a
week. I have been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen
which is an antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

Oo. Purrs for that shoulder. I've always heard they are just a b*tch.
But, you do usually get over them. I hope you don't have to have
surgery or anything.

Old November 17th 05, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote:

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.

Okay, you've earned your IWORPCA T-shirt.

Don't hope too hard against the surgery -- sometimes it can mean
better functionality, quicker and with less pain.

Hope you get relief soon. (When I took Relafen I had a bad
reaction to it.)

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi
Old November 17th 05, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-16 21:25:57 -0600, Wayne Mitchell said:

"Irulan" wrote:

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped
any. Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at
all? And then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a
week. I have been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen
which is an antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.

Okay, you've earned your IWORPCA T-shirt.

Don't hope too hard against the surgery -- sometimes it can mean
better functionality, quicker and with less pain.

Hope you get relief soon. (When I took Relafen I had a bad
reaction to it.)

My mom has had it happen twice. (Though she didn;t know whtat it was
the first time and the doctors just handed her vioxx). This time it was
so bad she went to an orthopedic surgeon. It has healed wrong and the
bones spread apart so it can't be operated on without a 50% change of
making it worse, so she just took ibuprofen and it has gradually gotten
better. She took more powerful pain meds (they even gave her oxycontin
(sp?) ) but that did not help as well as the ibuprofen. It's a ton
better now though. SHe is very careful not to reaggravate it. So I do
believe it will get better. Painfree purrs coming to you.

Old November 17th 05, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:22:54 -0500, "Irulan"
yodeled:

I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

Ouch ouch ouch! You haven't been throwing curveballs have you?
Soothing purrs for a nasty injury.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 17th 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.
Lily's mama, Lydia

Ouch! Purrs that it heals quickly.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old November 17th 05, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:
I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff this morning, ouch
I got a cortisone shot which hurt like the dickens and hasn't helped any.
Does anybody know when this is supposed to kick in if it helps at all? And
then I have to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks, twice a week. I have
been gulping Advil and Aleve all day, plus the Relafen which is an
antiinflammatory. I hope I won't need surgery.
I am miserable.

So sorry, Lydia. I've had cortisone shots in both shoulders, but neither
did much good. One shoulder even hurt *more* for about 24 hours after
the shot, but the doc warned me that could happen. I've been having
physical therapy for years now, and I always feel better during the
therapy, but when it ends, I forget to do the stretches at home, and
then it starts to hurt again. Many purrs that your condition heals with
the corttisone and the physical therapy.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM