A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BCT World Record Attempt Ends Badly

Old August 3rd 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

Default BCT World Record Attempt Ends Badly

Spirit's been hiding on the bookcase and appears to be over grooming so Saturday she had the unceremonious loading into a carrier and down to the vets..

Kylie says she sound in wind and limb as it were and all bloods were fine. She's suggested Spirit might have sensitive skin and is ordering (they were out of stock) some hypoallergenic dry to see if that helps (I have to give it a month) if not then there will be another trip to the vets and more extensive testing

Since she got home Saturday she's been coming out more-mostly to eat (her appetite is as normal massive- she just saw off two pouches of salmon Whiskas) and use the box (fine in that department) but also to play

I can't help but think she's thinking "Well my attempt for the Worlds longest BCT record ended up with me being prodded and poked and having the thermometer inserted.....I don't think I wanna be a record breaker anymore"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 3rd 15, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]
external usenet poster

On 8/3/2015 2:22 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Spirit's been hiding on the bookcase and appears to be over grooming so Saturday she had the unceremonious loading into a carrier and down to the vets.

Kylie says she sound in wind and limb as it were and all bloods were fine. She's suggested Spirit might have sensitive skin and is ordering (they were out of stock) some hypoallergenic dry to see if that helps (I have to give it a month) if not then there will be another trip to the vets and more extensive testing

Since she got home Saturday she's been coming out more-mostly to eat (her appetite is as normal massive- she just saw off two pouches of salmon Whiskas) and use the box (fine in that department) but also to play

I can't help but think she's thinking "Well my attempt for the Worlds longest BCT record ended up with me being prodded and poked and having the thermometer inserted.....I don't think I wanna be a record breaker anymore"

Lesley

That sure sounds like the case.
Old August 4th 15, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 14:52:52 -0700, Joy
wrote:

On 8/3/2015 2:22 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Spirit's been hiding on the bookcase and appears to be over grooming so Saturday she had the unceremonious loading into a carrier and down to the vets.

Lesley

That sure sounds like the case.

It's possible I suppose, and I hope it's true even though that's one
costly BCT. It's more likely an allergy though, probably one of those
things that we'll never really know.
Old August 4th 15, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 2:13:20 AM UTC, dgk wrote:

I think it may just be what I call "a cat thing"- she's been coming out a lot more since she got back from the vets Saturday and today she even jumped on the bathroom sink whilst I was sitting on the loo so I could stroke her, Alas after I got up she sat on the loo having a wash and only retreated back to her hidey hole when she had to move as Dave wanted to use the loo

Lesley

Old August 9th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

Well 4 days on hypoallergenic food and after flea treatment (Just as a precaution) her under carriage as it were is getting fluffier. She's found a new place to sleep but she comes out at mealtimes, is drinking and using her box just fine. She just doesn't come out much although she does love being stroked. I think it's too hot for her and maybe we should get her clipped. She does have a long coat

Lesley

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 8:21:02 PM UTC, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 2:13:20 AM UTC, dgk wrote:

I think it may just be what I call "a cat thing"- she's been coming out a lot more since she got back from the vets Saturday and today she even jumped on the bathroom sink whilst I was sitting on the loo so I could stroke her, Alas after I got up she sat on the loo having a wash and only retreated back to her hidey hole when she had to move as Dave wanted to use the loo

Lesley

Old August 11th 15, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 8:50:38 PM UTC, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Well 4 days on hypoallergenic food and after flea treatment (Just as a precaution) her under carriage as it were is getting fluffier.

Lesley

And now she's her usual floofy self - she just did a workout with toys then has gone back to sleep. Her skin is a lot better- I think she's on hypoallergenic food for the foreseeable future although what's really got her going is bloody Perle Gourmet pate! I couldn't remember if there were enough Whiskas pouches at home and as I was carting a lot of shopping and they were 5 for £2 I just picked 5 up, She hovered it up have sneaking feeling Whiskas just won't cut the mustard anymore...

Still what can I expect from the feline answer to a Barbie doll?

Lesley

PS She does still eat Whiskas- actually she eats anything! When she seemed a bit off colour Dave had lamb chops- threw the bones in the bin and the next thing I see is her floofy tail sticking out the bin as she went for them.. Funny thing she is- if I just drop them in the bowl she's not interested but throw them in the bin and she'll knock it over to get to them!