Spicey's beef injection

Old August 17th 15, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey's beef injection

Spicey has been getting injections for the past few weeks. I found
something that distracts her enough to allow me to handle her back and neck
safely - Liv-a-Littles freezed dried beef treats.

Spicey loves the flavor of her treasts, and they're tough like jerky and
force her to chew and chew and chew, allowing me to make a quick injection
of insulin with an Easyglide short tipped pen needle.

She's become so used to this routine that when she sees me take out the
syringe, she cries and begs for her beef injection.
Old August 17th 15, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 8/16/2015 6:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Spicey has been getting injections for the past few weeks. I found
something that distracts her enough to allow me to handle her back and neck
safely - Liv-a-Littles freezed dried beef treats.

Spicey loves the flavor of her treasts, and they're tough like jerky and
force her to chew and chew and chew, allowing me to make a quick injection
of insulin with an Easyglide short tipped pen needle.

She's become so used to this routine that when she sees me take out the
syringe, she cries and begs for her beef injection.

That's wonderful! Obviously, it makes the whole thing easier on both of
you.
Old August 17th 15, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Spicey has been getting injections for the past few weeks. I found
something that distracts her enough to allow me to handle her back and
neck
safely - Liv-a-Littles freezed dried beef treats.

Spicey loves the flavor of her treasts, and they're tough like jerky and
force her to chew and chew and chew, allowing me to make a quick injection
of insulin with an Easyglide short tipped pen needle.

She's become so used to this routine that when she sees me take out the
syringe, she cries and begs for her beef injection.

I didn't realise she had become diabetic, did I miss this? I knew she had
suffered from pancreatitis recently, is diabetes a result of this?
Sounds like you are very good with her. I think we can agree that she can
be more than difficult and I just think she was more than the luckiest cat
in the world when you were kind enough to take her on after Suz's death.

Old August 17th 15, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 17:50:20 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I didn't realise she had become diabetic, did I miss this? I knew she had
suffered from pancreatitis recently, is diabetes a result of this?
Sounds like you are very good with her. I think we can agree that she can
be more than difficult and I just think she was more than the luckiest cat
in the world when you were kind enough to take her on after Suz's death.

Yes, she in fact, came to me already diabetic. It was manageable for a
while with diet, and the vet was pleased for a while at her progress, but
it looks like her pancreatitis and diabetes is linked, after her
pancreatitis, her diabetes was getting worse.

I'm glad that for the time being, they're both under control, and I think
we will have lots of time together. I don't think though, that she's
destined to live to become a twentysomething cat like KFC was.
Old August 19th 15, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
I didn't realise she had become diabetic, did I miss this? I knew she had
suffered from pancreatitis recently, is diabetes a result of this?
Sounds like you are very good with her. I think we can agree that she can
be more than difficult and I just think she was more than the luckiest cat
in the world when you were kind enough to take her on after Suz's death.

Yes, she in fact, came to me already diabetic. It was manageable for a
while with diet, and the vet was pleased for a while at her progress, but
it looks like her pancreatitis and diabetes is linked, after her
pancreatitis, her diabetes was getting worse.

I'm glad that for the time being, they're both under control, and I think
we will have lots of time together. I don't think though, that she's
destined to live to become a twentysomething cat like KFC was.

I don't know quite why KFC lived as long as she did. She wasn't looked
after very well at her original house, so she moved out. She then lived in
my garden for 7 years with me thinking when I saw her "this is someone
else's cat, amusing herself catching mice around my chicken huts"
Bear in mind I had dogs at the time.
So when my last dog passed away it became obvious that she wanted to move
in. So she did.
There seems to be no reason why she lived so long. apart from I took good
care of her. I found out eventually her name was originally "Lucky" so that
suggests a bad start.
I knew eventually where she came from and she wasn't stupid about moving
out. I'd have moved out myself.

I will never know where Boyfriend came from. He did have a nice collar on,
but no microchip. And he was not neutered.. so they deserved to lose him.
I do sometimes think about his original owners, if they still wonder about
him. why he is missing. Whether he was killed on the road, which is often
the fate of intact boys here.

Kitty FC found him, brought him here, he got the snip, microchipped and
they will never know he is still alive.
I hope they have some guilt. He was lost for ages and was very thin.