Dot and Buster dream

Old August 19th 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Dot and Buster dream

Dot, Buster, and I were playing together so high up in the a deep blue sky!

Buster was chasing teeny-tiny airlines pulling themselves slowly through
wispy clouds that clung to them like cotton candy. Dot hopped from cloud to
cloud and explored eagerly.

I was admiring the stars up above, and below us, suspended snow sprinkled
about like icing and powdered donuts, and far below that, archipelagoes as
green and sparking as gemstones.

But finally, it was time to go home. I called to the cats, and let myself
fall backwards over the edge of a cloud, like a deep sea diver off a boat.

Dot and Buster didn't hesitate for a second to jump down after me. Buster
was to my left and a little above, splaying out his paws against the
rushing air like a expert skydiver. Dot was immediately to my right,
wearing a little red scarf that fluttered upwards in the wind. She
occasionally looked at me and gave little shrieks of excitement and
delight.

Finally, we were ready to land, I was facing upwards, but I could tell that
the ground was close, because of the brace positions that Dot and Buster
were taking. I called them over to me so that they'd be properly cushioned,
and I held them both close against my chest.

When we finally landed, it was with a firm bump against my back, like
landing on a gym mat. We were finally home.

I woke up from our dream to Spicey touching my chin with paw tufts softer
than any clouds in my dreams. Dot was on my right, waiting for me to wake
up, and Buster hopped on top me. Now, we really were home from our
adventure.
Old August 20th 15, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

Did you happen to see Rainbow Bridge while up there?

Sylvia

Old August 22nd 15, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

That's quite a nice dream! On Thursday night I dreamt that I had small
dog, kind of like a chihuahua but slightly bigger and I needed to take him
into the garden for toileting duties, but he ran into into the corner of the
room and cowered. He would not go out, no way.
So I went out myself and just beyond my first gate into the back garden lay
a big cat, like a black panther. It was asleep and I could see its sides
rising up and down as it breathed.
It woke up and kind of growled. Then Boyfriend walked past it and I thought
it would eat him. Then I noticed it had a collar and lead on so I grabbed
it to prevent it from getting him. So there I was with a big panther on a
lead and it didn't look too happy. Miraculously, I had my mobile phone with
me, so I rang the police to help me. They thought I was joking.
So what to do? Strangely I found myself in some sort of street being
towed along by this potentially dangerous creature which I dare not let go
of. We came to a bus shelter. There was a woman in it waiting for a bus.
There was also a pile of sand in there which the big cat headed for and
started to dig in. OK, it needed a wee..which it did, copiously. The woman
was annoyed because she said it stank but I said "what do you expect me to
do? it's a panther, I can hardly say no to it"
So we proceeded along the street and it growled again quite menacingly and
looked at me. I thought perhaps it was hungry and thought I should find a
shop. I handed the lead over to a startled random person "hold my panther
for a couple of minutes.." and went into the shop.

I informed them I would like to buy 10 tins of cat food. I wasn't sure how
many it might need, but 10 seemed a good way to start. It was such a big
cat that 20 might have been more realistic..
Anyway, the shopkeeper said that he didn't sell cat food, so I said "do you
have any dog food then? I have a hungry panther here" He said "No" he
didn't sell dog food either.

then I woke up. Phew.

Easy to see where this all comes from (apart from the panther)

Tweed

Old August 23rd 15, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:49:06 -0700, "Sylvia and P2nya"
wrote:
Did you happen to see Rainbow Bridge while up there?

Not then, but I'm sure I'll see it someday!
Old August 23rd 15, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 19:31:37 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I informed them I would like to buy 10 tins of cat food. I wasn't sure how
many it might need, but 10 seemed a good way to start. It was such a big
cat that 20 might have been more realistic..
Anyway, the shopkeeper said that he didn't sell cat food, so I said "do you
have any dog food then? I have a hungry panther here" He said "No" he
didn't sell dog food either.

then I woke up. Phew.

Easy to see where this all comes from (apart from the panther)

I assumed that the panther was a cross between your old German Shepherd
Rebel, and Boyfriend's black intruder cat.

I get cat food tins in those boxes of 24, and with three normal sized cats
together eating about 4 or 5 cans a day, it doesn't even last a week.
Old August 23rd 15, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/19/2015 6:14 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

That's a fun dream.

I've had some dreams recently involving having cats in my house, many of
which look like Buffy but aren't Buffy. I have no idea where they all
came from. There are also lots of people I don't know in the house and
I don't know where they came from, either. That dream is rather
disturbing. It's almost like a game where the goal is to find the real
Buffy and get all the strangers (people and cats) out of the house.

Jill
Old August 23rd 15, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I hope you win, Jill.
Sometimes I go back to sleep planning to restructure the ending of a dreaam
Sometimes that even works.

Sylvia

Old August 24th 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/23/2015 12:39 AM, Sylvia and P2nya wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I've tried that, Sylvia, when I've awakened from a dream I was
particularly enjoying. I have rarely been able to fall back into it.

Dreams are very strange things. I do often remember details. I don't
try to ascertain some deep meaning out of them. This morning I dreamt I
bought lots and lots of cat food for Buffy. When I woke up I jotted a
note on my shopping list: Meow Mix. Because yes, I need to buy more Meow
Mix.

The subconscious seems to churn up a lot of interesting stuff when we're
asleep. If I'm feeling anxious about something I often dream about an
elevator that won't go to the floor I want. It's a frustrating dream.

Jill
Old August 25th 15, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Wow! I'm sure you didn't find the dream very funny, but I did, reading
about it! You gave the leash to a random stranger on the street, "Here,
hold my panther for a moment." LOL! And the pile of sand in the bus
shelter. What a great story!

--
Joyce

The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old August 25th 15, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

news
wrote:
I informed them I would like to buy 10 tins of cat food. I wasn't sure
how
many it might need, but 10 seemed a good way to start. It was such a big
cat that 20 might have been more realistic..
Anyway, the shopkeeper said that he didn't sell cat food, so I said "do
you
have any dog food then? I have a hungry panther here" He said "No" he
didn't sell dog food either.

then I woke up. Phew.

Easy to see where this all comes from (apart from the panther)

I assumed that the panther was a cross between your old German Shepherd
Rebel, and Boyfriend's black intruder cat.

I get cat food tins in those boxes of 24, and with three normal sized cats
together eating about 4 or 5 cans a day, it doesn't even last a week.

g 10 tins seemed the way to go to start with for the panther. I was
prepared to buy 20.
Dreams are strange, they come from deep in your subconscious. I think the
panther was the intruder cat, the need to buy large amounts of cat food was
from how much I have been trying to overfeed Boyfie to get his weight back
on. The panther weeing in the sand is probably about his litter box refusal
issues.
I'd seen a quiz show on TV a few days before where one of the questions was
"how many of the big cats roar?"

Well, not a panther, even in my dream I knew this ;-) As a matter of
interest, all you reading this have a guess (without googling!) and name
them. Just for fun.

Tak, your dream was much nicer than mine. Mine was full of anxiety. I have
a panther on a lead, the police will not come to help to take it away, now
what to do? Stuff it with cat food obviously but couldn't buy any..
I was actually still awake this morning at 6 a.m. having not been to sleep
at all.

I felt a huge responsibility to keep hold of this big cat to save Boyfriend
from it.