Needy when it rains

Old December 1st 04, 07:20 PM
KellyH

Default Needy when it rains

Does anyone else's cat get all pitiful and needy when it rains? My
Bartleby, a large, very strong "alpha male" type, gets all pathetic when it
rains. He doesn't go outside, so it's not like he's all sad that he can't
go out. He gets very lovey with me, curls up on my lap, meows constantly,
throws himself up against me, etc. Sometimes if it's really raining hard,
he will hide in the basement or under the bed. I don't know why he's so
affected by the weather. Is my cat just weird?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old December 1st 04, 07:42 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

KellyH wrote:
Does anyone else's cat get all pitiful and needy when it rains? My
Bartleby, a large, very strong "alpha male" type, gets all pathetic
when it rains. He doesn't go outside, so it's not like he's all sad
that he can't go out. He gets very lovey with me, curls up on my
lap, meows constantly, throws himself up against me, etc. Sometimes
if it's really raining hard, he will hide in the basement or under
the bed. I don't know why he's so affected by the weather. Is my
cat just weird?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

He's probably thanking you for the nice warm home he's got to live in
(instead of being in The Big Out & wet). As for the hiding bit - could be
the noise of it scares him. Tennessee hides whenever there's a loud noise
(thunder, car backfiring, TV turned up during a movie that has lotsa
explosions).

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old December 1st 04, 08:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:20:23 GMT, "KellyH"
yodeled:

Does anyone else's cat get all pitiful and needy when it rains? My
Bartleby, a large, very strong "alpha male" type, gets all pathetic when it
rains. He doesn't go outside, so it's not like he's all sad that he can't
go out. He gets very lovey with me, curls up on my lap, meows constantly,
throws himself up against me, etc. Sometimes if it's really raining hard,
he will hide in the basement or under the bed. I don't know why he's so
affected by the weather. Is my cat just weird?

Well, maybe, but Stinky-- the usually imperturbable-- hates
rainstorms. He goes downstairs "creepin' Jesus" style, and hides. I
figure he must not want to be alone when he's so scared, so I go down
to check on him. Sure enough, he usually *flings* himself at me, into
my arms. But he won't be induced to come back up until it stops.
A lot of times I will stay down there with him, cuddling him until he
feels like it's safe to come back up. Not enslaved, oh no, not I. :P

Theresa
Old December 1st 04, 08:41 PM
Karen

Mine get very sleepy. Usually when I come home for lunch they all want
attention but if it is gloomy and raining, they barely open an eye.

Old December 5th 04, 12:17 PM
Jean Hobbs

Well he seems different, its usually said that rain is on the way when a
cat goes racing round the house and climbing the curtains, and so on, and so
on,
I've never heard of one getting sooky, but, it takes all sorts they say,
he's just an individual love to Bartleby from Wilson. Jean.P.