Possible cat #5

Old July 13th 13, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Possible cat #5

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 19:29:02 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
Here's one of the pics she sent me. I love his white nose and feet!
http://oi39.tinypic.com/k18ms1.jpg

His lifeguard nosie is so cute!
Old July 13th 13, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:17:54 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
I have never had to do a cat introduction but I agree with everything
you've said. I have read a lot about it. A gradual introduction seems
the way to go. Just look at Tak with Spicey and his cats. What a fast
integration. It seems to be working out well. And I'm enjoying the
stories. I hope Cheryl can give this pretty boy a good home.

I enjoyed integrating Spicey with the other cats, and it went as well or
better than I hoped. Plenty of people have had much faster integrations
than mine though!

I got Spicey in late September, and they weren't allowed to physically
mingle until early November. It seemed to go by pretty quickly though in
retrospect. And I could probably have done it considerably faster too - by
the time they were finally able to interact, they'd obviously grown
confortable and curious, and were eager to meet. If I were in a hurry, I
could probably have integrated them in within a couple of weeks.

I figure that maybe something like 1/3 of cats will get along fine if you
just plop them together, and 1/3 will get along fine if you introduce them
slowly, and 1/3 will have personality conflicts either way.

From having watched Dot, Buster, and Spicey, I know what Dot and Buster
fall in the third group, and even a slow introduction didn't help much.

Spicey and Dot would have fallen into the first group, and would have been
able to get along right away.

Buster and Spicey fall into the second group, and would definitely have had
a big fight if I introduced them right away. But with a slow introduction,
they got along great, to my relief.
Old November 4th 13, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
This woman advertised to give away her Maine Coon (full blooded) on
Freecycle. I'm so in love with Maine Coon cats! Every one I've met have
the most wonderful disposition. This one is 9 years old, in good health
(as told by the woman giving him away) and good with dogs, though she's
not sure about other cats. What do I do?? It might be good for Shamrock
to have another male to take away Rhett's attention of him and the girls
get along with everyone. I'm just worried mostly about the new cat and
will he adjust, and will Shamrock adjust and will Rhett be ok with another
male?

Ahh.... I have to think this over hard. I asked for a week to think and
might bring Shamrock over to meet him. She said she just can't take care
of him as he needs. Probably the combing of the fur. He's just so
beautiful.

Here's one of the pics she sent me. I love his white nose and feet!
http://oi39.tinypic.com/k18ms1.jpg

Please don't do it unless you can do a 9 years old vet bills for ever.
Go for it, if you can afford it.

Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:32:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
web.com...
Here's one of the pics she sent me. I love his white nose and feet!
http://oi39.tinypic.com/k18ms1.jpg

Please don't do it unless you can do a 9 years old vet bills for ever.
Go for it, if you can afford it.

Isn't that Sammy?? If so you're a couple of months too late.
Old November 4th 13, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:32:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
web.com...
Here's one of the pics she sent me. I love his white nose and feet!
http://oi39.tinypic.com/k18ms1.jpg

Please don't do it unless you can do a 9 years old vet bills for ever.
Go for it, if you can afford it.

Isn't that Sammy?? If so you're a couple of months too late.

~~~~~~~
Yes, it's Sammy. Fortunately, 9 years old really isn't all that old, so we
will look forward to many more years for Sammy and Cheryl (and the clowder).

MaryL

Old November 4th 13, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/4/2013 5:04 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:32:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
Here's one of the pics she sent me. I love his white nose and feet!
http://oi39.tinypic.com/k18ms1.jpg

Please don't do it unless you can do a 9 years old vet bills for ever.
Go for it, if you can afford it.

Isn't that Sammy?? If so you're a couple of months too late.

Yes, I'm wondering why I'm seeing so many replies from Tweed to posts
that are *months* old.

Jill