Dont forget to turn your clocks back tonight

Old November 3rd 13, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Dont forget to turn your clocks back tonight

Old November 4th 13, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest of
the world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Old November 4th 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest of the
world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Yup. It once caused me to miss a plane. I used to work for an aerospace
company, in what was called "program security". Some of the engineers in
our department had to travel on classified business, taking classified
documents with them. It was required that classified documents be
accompanied by two people with the appropriate clearances. Once, on very
short notice, I was told that a company Vice President needed someone to go
with him to take some classified documents to Phoenix. The company arranged
my round trip ticket. Someone met him in Phoenix, so I never left the
airport. According to the schedule, I had two or three hours to wait for my
flight home. I wandered about the airport for a while, then went to the
gate for my flight. About half an hour before flight time, I noticed that
there was nobody at that gate. I finally found somebody to ask about it,
and found that my flight had already gone. When I mentioned the time of my
flight, I was told about the daylight savings time. I got on the next
flight, home much later than I had expected.

Joy

Old November 4th 13, 10:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Done. Last week.

Old November 4th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Done. Last week.

And people wonder why I got annoyed about your lack of empathy over the
"storm" that didn't affect you.
The USA has the changing clocks this week and it's difficult for animals who
are used to be fed at a certain time. I do ten minutes later a day until it
gets there.
Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

The Other Guy wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 17:44:36 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest of
the world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Actually, it was this morning, not tomorrow morning.

Most of my devices adjust automagically.

According to some reports, so do some devices in Arizona. (But they are
not SUPPOSED to!)
Old November 4th 13, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest
of the world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Actually, it was this morning, not tomorrow morning.

Most of my devices adjust automagically.

According to some reports, so do some devices in Arizona. (But they are
not SUPPOSED to!)

How would an electronic device know where you live?

Jill
Old November 5th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Most of my devices adjust automagically.
According to some reports, so do some devices in Arizona.
(But they are not SUPPOSED to!)

How would an electronic device know where you live?

By now I imagine either Apple, Google or both can work out that
my iPhone is sitting vertically in my jacket pocket behind the
bedroom door, and they could probably send me reminders about
putting it on the charger three feet away.

The main difference between our world and that of "1984" is that
we pay for the viewscreens ourselves.

Old November 5th 13, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Unless you live in Arizona! (So far we've refused to join the rest
of the world, which makes for great confusion sometimes.)

Actually, it was this morning, not tomorrow morning.

Most of my devices adjust automagically.

According to some reports, so do some devices in Arizona. (But they are
not SUPPOSED to!)

How would an electronic device know where you live?

Jill

Dunno, but they DO! (I assume it has something to do with location when
you initially set them.) When I lived in California, my clocks,
computer and cell-phone all up-dated on the appropriate day, but in
Arizona they (correctly) do not.
Old November 5th 13, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jack Campin wrote:
Most of my devices adjust automagically.
According to some reports, so do some devices in Arizona.
(But they are not SUPPOSED to!)

How would an electronic device know where you live?

By now I imagine either Apple, Google or both can work out that
my iPhone is sitting vertically in my jacket pocket behind the
bedroom door, and they could probably send me reminders about
putting it on the charger three feet away.

The main difference between our world and that of "1984" is that
we pay for the viewscreens ourselves.

- A fact I find extremely disturbing. Orwellian "double speak" is
certainly alive and well - "Community Life" instead of "Activities" in
my "senior residence" (formerly "retirement home"). "Human resources"
instead of "personnel", "maintenance engineer" (aka "janitor"), "waste
management" for "trash hauling" - the list goes on and on.