Lilith Update #2

Old July 22nd 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ChildFree23[_2_]

Default Lilith Update #2

Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called the
vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot of
money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran out
and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her every
four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in my fingers
when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an interest in my dad
when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's starting to talk to me.
Little meows and trills, not howling at me like she used to. I'd give
anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by Lilith because her food
dish was empty.

Debby

Old July 22nd 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"ChildFree23" wrote in message
Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called
the vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot
of money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran
out and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her
every four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in my
fingers when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an interest in
my dad when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's starting to
talk to me. Little meows and trills, not howling at me like she used to.
I'd give anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by Lilith because
her food dish was empty.

Debby

Purrs for Lilith to start eating on her own again, pronto.

Jill

Old July 22nd 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Jul 22, 6:11*pm, "ChildFree23" wrote:
Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. *No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. *So I called the
vet and he wanted to admit her. *I told him that I didn't have a lot of
money, was there something I could do at home? *Force-feeding!

snipped

The vet can give you (or sell you, it isn't too expensive) some
A/D food that is frequently used for force feeding. It can be
watered down and fed through a syringe and is very high calorie
and high nutrients. Baby food doesn't have everything that a
cat needs, nutritionally so if she needs to be force fed for more
than a couple of days try to get some A/D.

Purrs that Lilith gets motivated to eat and feels better soon.

Debbie

Old July 23rd 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"ChildFree23" wrote in message
Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called
the vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot
of money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran
out and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her
every four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in my
fingers when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an interest in
my dad when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's starting to
talk to me. Little meows and trills, not howling at me like she used to.
I'd give anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by Lilith because
her food dish was empty.

Debby

Purrs that this is exactly what happens.

Joy

Old July 23rd 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called
the vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot
of money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran
out and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her
every four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in my
fingers when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an interest in
my dad when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's starting to
talk to me. Little meows and trills, not howling at me like she used to.
I'd give anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by Lilith because
her food dish was empty.

Debby

Ohhhhh, purrs and prayers loving sent from our home to yours that Lilith
will get back to being her kyoot self and eating. and doing her other kitty
things.
Love
Kyla

Old July 23rd 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:11:58 -0400, "ChildFree23"
wrote:

Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called the
vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot of
money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran out
and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her every
four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in my fingers
when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an interest in my dad
when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's starting to talk to me.
Little meows and trills, not howling at me like she used to. I'd give
anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by Lilith because her food
dish was empty.

Debby

I know how upsetting it is when a cat won't eat.

Kenzie was VERY sick last year because of hyperthyroidism, and trouble
tolerating the Tapezole, so I went through the same thing.

Force feeding sure isn't any fun for either party, but when they start
feeling better, as Lilith is, it sure seems worth it, doesn't it?

Sending purrs for Lilith to get better and START EATING, ASAP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100722-1, 07/22/2010
Tested on: 7/22/2010 11:22:16 PM

Old July 23rd 10, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

ChildFree23 wrote:
Lilith stopped eating yesterday and I got very scared. No amount of
tempting her with Fancy Feast or cream cheese would do it. So I called
the vet and he wanted to admit her. I told him that I didn't have a lot
of money, was there something I could do at home? Force-feeding! I ran
out and got two jars of chicken babyfood and have been force-feeding her
every four hours. She's starting to perk up. She shows an interest in
my fingers when I extend them to her for sniffing. She showed an
interest in my dad when he walked past my open bedroom door. And she's
starting to talk to me. Little meows and trills, not howling at me like
she used to. I'd give anything to be woken up at the crack of dawn, by
Lilith because her food dish was empty.

Debby

Continuing purrs for, Lilith.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old July 23rd 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Ditto for Persia, just a few months ago. She was allergic to the Tapazole.
I wound up having to take her 125 miles to a specialty clinic. She
underwent radioative isotope therapy. It fixed her right up but it wasn't
cheap. At least now she's eating well and has gotten back up to 12 lbs.
(she's a large - long! DSH).

It's scary when they won't eat, and when they do eat they throw it right
back up. Purrs continue for Lilith.

Jill