OT White Christmas in Oz

Old December 16th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT White Christmas in Oz

Us Australians don't get to have the stereotypical White Christmas.
Christmas is tradtionally hot and humid, and often spent down the beach
getting sunburnt.

But Cary decided he was going to have a White Christmas anyway (albeit a
little early)

Mothers all over the world will know what I mean when I say that thign sonly
go bad when the house gets quiet. Usually Cary is running, screaming,
banging, crashing, talking, singing or otherwise making a racket, and I know
he's safe and not getting into to much trouble.

But when its quiet it means he's found something he's not supposed to.

This time it was the talcum powder. The big econo-pack of talcum powder. The
size of a large milk carton worth of talcum powder.

He had emptied the whole thing out in a pile on his bedroom floor, and was
happily playing "White Christmas".

I suspect that this Christmas, my present will end up being a new vacuum
cleaner. I don't think the current one is going to cope with all that fine
white powder.

And he looked *so* proud of himself!

Yowie

Old December 16th 05, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:00:05 +1100, Yowie wrote:

[...]

This reminds me of when my brother and I were about 5 and 6. My mother
had taken us to see the play "Peter Pan". We got on her dresser and were
using her face powder for "fairy dust" and were jumping off the dresser
trying to fly. We didn't have a vacuum only a carpet sweeper. Good
housecleaning. MLB

Old December 16th 05, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

But when its quiet it means he's found something he's not supposed to.

This time it was the talcum powder. The big econo-pack of talcum
powder. The size of a large milk carton worth of talcum powder.

He had emptied the whole thing out in a pile on his bedroom floor,
and was happily playing "White Christmas". [snip]

And he looked *so* proud of himself!

Sheesh, Yowie - who needs a hoolikitten with Cary around? You have a
hooli-child!!

Joyce
Old December 17th 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:00:05 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

[...]

LOL.

It's still not as bad as the "Blue Christmas" I gave my parents when I
was Cary's age. This is legendary in my family. I had a case of
trench mouth, and in those days, it was treated with tincture of
gentian violet-- which is a very very deep indigo blue-- lovely color,
really-- and it stains everything. One day, I decided I was fed up,
grabbed the bottle out of my daddy's hand, and raced all over the
house waving it around furiously, and emptying the contents out all
over the walls. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 17th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , Yowie
wrote:

[...]

I can relate.
We had for a brief moment in time a doggy bed made from a bean bag. It
was filled with those white stryofoam pellets.

We came back from shopping one evening and found that the dogs had
ripped it to shreds!

There were little white pellets all over the house. And they were in
snow drifts. Waves of them. Inches deep. We had to wade through them -
it was a big dog bed. And they just didn't settle to the floor but
stuck to the walls because of the static electricty.

Took us days to get them down to a reasonable state.

That was 10 years ago. We are still finding those damned pellets in odd
places.

dave
Old December 17th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

I had a case of
trench mouth, and in those days, it was treated with tincture of
gentian violet--

What exactly is trench mouth? I thought that expression was some
sort of metaphor, like "foot in mouth disease" or something.

Joyce
Old December 17th 05, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dave Gerecke wrote:

We had for a brief moment in time a doggy bed made from a bean bag. It
was filled with those white stryofoam pellets.

We came back from shopping one evening and found that the dogs had
ripped it to shreds!

There were little white pellets all over the house. And they were in
snow drifts. Waves of them. Inches deep.

This is reminding me of the movie "Muriel's Wedding." Remember that
scene?

Joyce
Old December 17th 05, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 17 Dec 2005 03:11:58 GMT, wrote:

What exactly is trench mouth? I thought that expression was some
sort of metaphor, like "foot in mouth disease" or something.

A mouth and/or throat infection caused by a spirochete. It is a
common illness. The "trench mouth" name comes from soldiers getting
it in WWI.

Old December 17th 05, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:
[...]

ROFL!! Everytime you tell a Carey story, it sure brings back memories.
You'll remember this, and you'll even laugh, every Christmas the rest
of your life.
Let me tell you a Cody story. I woke up early one morning and heard him
laughing. He was three and believe me, I knew anything that funny was
probably bad news.
This child had dumped an entire bottle of vegetable oil in the kitchen
floor and was playing "Ice Rink." Lordy. I thought I would never get
that stuff cleaned up.

Sherry