Cinders is losing weight

Old November 15th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Cinders is losing weight

Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago she
weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet drew
blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders is
currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I don't
know her exact age).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 15th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Purrs for you and Cinders - has she had a dental anytime recently? One of
my cats, Shetra (RB) had lost weight and not been eating much and we found
out he had a bad tooth - removing it made all the difference. I hope it's
nothing serious.
Christine

Old November 15th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago she
weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet drew
blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders is
currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I don't
know her exact age).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

I'm glad you got her to a vet, but don't panic just yet. My Bandit was 12 -
13 pounds until she reached 10 - 11 years old. Then she started losing
weight fairly rapidly until she got to about 9 pounds. Of course I brought
her to the vet right away, but nothing at all was wrong. She stayed at 9
pounds for the rest of her life until we had to send her to the Bridge at
age 18 (she had an inoperable brain tumor).

Purrs heading your way and hoping this is nothing but an older cat slimming
down some (some people tend to lose weight as they age also).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 15th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I wish her, and you, all the best. Did the vet give you anything for her
appetite?

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 15th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:40:57 -0800, Joy wrote:

I wish her, and you, all the best. Did the vet give you anything for
her appetite?

Not as yet. She decided to wait until the lab results come back (they
should be available by Monday afternoon).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 16th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

John F. Eldredge wrote:
Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago she
weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet drew
blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders is
currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I don't
know her exact age).

Sending purrs for Cinder to be OK. MLB
Old November 16th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On 15 Nov 2008 16:21:25 GMT, "John F. Eldredge"
wrote:

Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago she
weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet drew
blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders is
currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I don't
know her exact age).

purrs on the way
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old November 16th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"John F. Eldredge"
Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago she
weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet drew
blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders is
currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I don't
know her exact age).

Purrs for Cinders to put on some more weight. Please keep us posted.
Love and Hugs
Kyla and Mosey

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old November 18th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:21:25 +0000, John F. Eldredge wrote:

Cinders, never a particularly large cat, has been getting noticeably
skinny, so I took her to the vet for a checkup today. Six months ago
she weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces; now she weighs only 6 pounds. The vet
drew blood for lab tests, so I will let you know the results. Cinders
is currently around 12 years old (I am not her original catslave, so I
don't know her exact age).

I got back the test results today. The only problem that they found was
that Cinders was slightly anemic. The vet found a few fleas on Cinders,
and anemia can be caused by a microscopic parasite carried by cat fleas.
So, in addition to Frontline, Cinders will be taking an oral antibiotic
for two weeks (oh, the joy of pilling a cat).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 18th 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

John F. Eldredge wrote:

I got back the test results today. The only problem that they found was
that Cinders was slightly anemic. The vet found a few fleas on Cinders,
and anemia can be caused by a microscopic parasite carried by cat fleas.
So, in addition to Frontline, Cinders will be taking an oral antibiotic
for two weeks (oh, the joy of pilling a cat).

I'm glad it wasn't too serious!

Purrs for successful pilling.

--
Joyce ^..^