Cat found after 7 weeks! Is in rather good shape. Christmas gift forowners and him!

Old December 18th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Cat found after 7 weeks! Is in rather good shape. Christmas gift forowners and him!

That`s a real Christmas story I just heard on the phone.
Max, a young cat vanished 7 weeks ago from his home in South Germany.
As webmaster of an animal welfare group`s site I was asked to put a
search add on our site. Today I called the owners to ask for an update
and they told me that Max had been found today in a light well of a
house
situated in a residential area about 10 km away from home!
He is in rather good shape and fed half a can catfood today.

It seems, that Max was hit by a car at crossing a road and afterwards
made it somehow to this residential area were he either fell into the
light well or hid there. He must have fed on the colour of the walls,
the vet stated, as reminds of the colour showed up on x-rays today.

He has several fractures which seem to have started to heal well.
Tomorrow he will have surgery as his midriff (diaphragm) is torn
and the stomach has moved partly through this fissur.
This has to be corrected and one hip bone might have to be corrected
too.

This little survivor will overcome this too.

I am so happy to be able to tell this good story.

love
Bettina

Old December 18th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bettina wrote:
[...]

We are sending our purrs to Germany for Max to regain his health. Bless
his heart - how he must have suffered. MLB
Old December 20th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Purrs coming for Max to recover from the accident and resulting
surgery. Glad that he was found and reunited with his worried family

Old December 20th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 18 Dez., 21:58, Bettina wrote:
[...]

Just got an update on Max.
His surgery went well, they detected additionally that his liver had a
fissure too
and stitched that too.
He is doing well, staying for a few days at the hospital and next
week they will do
surgery again to get his broken bones right.

The outlook is good the vets say.

I would like to ask for some purrs for a fast healing and a good
recovery.of little Max.

Thanks for the messages MLB and Steve.

Bettina
Old December 21st 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bettina wrote:
On 18 Dez., 21:58, Bettina wrote:
[...]

A number of years ago, I rescued a stray who had wandered nearly 2 miles
from home. He was a very large all white male. When his family picked
him up they told me he had a pin in his hip from previously being hit by
a car -- and yet they let him out again. I hope Max will become a house
cat when he recovers. Purring for a good recovery for Max. MLB
Old December 21st 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:23:27 -0800 (PST), Bettina
wrote:

On 18 Dez., 21:58, Bettina wrote:
[...]

continuing to purr for Max's quick recovery and return to his family -
at long last.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 30th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bettina wrote:
On 18 Dez., 21:58, Bettina wrote:
[...]

I have been looking for a follow-up on Max but have not found one.
Purrs that he made a good recovery. MLB
Old December 31st 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark B.

it's a good thing the wretch didn't wander into my yard, or you would have
got it back cold in a shoebox.

Old February 5th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina[_2_]

On 30 Dez. 2008, 19:10, MLB wrote:
Bettinawrote:
On 18 Dez., wrote:
[...]

Sorry for not posting a follow-up earlier.
I phoned the owners of Max some days ago and he is doing very good.
He underwent some operations (hip and leg) and is recovering fine now.
All seems well. I am so relieved.

Bettina
Old February 6th 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Bettina wrote:
On 30 Dez. 2008, 19:10, MLB wrote:
Bettinawrote:
On 18 Dez., wrote:
[...]

That is really a miracle -- and they do happen. Sending purrs for Max's
good recovery. Thants for the followup. MLB