A Stranger through the cat flap...

Old April 25th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A Stranger through the cat flap...

I have just had the most *INSANE* 1/2 hour. I've just been trying to
catch the local thug tom who came in through my cat flap. I found him
in the bread bin of all places, and I don't know who was more shocked
to see the other, me or him. He predictably freaked out and proceeded
to trash the kitchen in his panic. "His Royal Feline Lordship Tiberius
Maximus Tiger" didn't exactly help matters, by taking exception to the
stranger in his house and trying to beat the holy crap out of him
because he looked at mommy wrong & hissed.

Thank Bast for guantlets, a wealth of experience dealing with wild
cats, and a calm disposition. Eventually the stranger was caught and
turfed out of the kitchen door gently, and everybody was given a
cat-nip party so that things could calm down. All 5 of the Miles
Clowder are now stoned out of their tiny kitty minds in front of the
fire. Me OTOH has got to get in the right frame of mind to clean up the
kitchen. ::sigh::

Helen M

Old April 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Wow! Is he a feral? If so you did well, rather you than me getting a
freaked out feral out of my bread bin..!
That suggests he's pretty hungry though, poor lad.///

I *think* he belongs to someone, as he's in pretty good nick, when I've
offered him food in the past he's refused it, and he already appears to
be snipped. I think that he's just a local boy out for the main chance.

Helen M

Old April 25th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-25, HRFLTiger penned:
I have just had the most *INSANE* 1/2 hour. I've just been trying to
catch the local thug tom who came in through my cat flap. I found
him in the bread bin of all places, and I don't know who was more
shocked to see the other, me or him. He predictably freaked out and
proceeded to trash the kitchen in his panic. "His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiberius Maximus Tiger" didn't exactly help matters, by
taking exception to the stranger in his house and trying to beat the
holy crap out of him because he looked at mommy wrong & hissed.

Eek!

Too bad there were no hidden cameras =/

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 26th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Cat flaps can make life interesting, can't they? I haven't had to deal with
the type of destruction you describe, but I've had a few interesting
experiences too.

There was a neighbor cat who would come in and beat up on my cats. Often he
did it in the middle of the night. We had no idea what his name was, but I
named him after one incident when we were wakened out of a sound sleep to
find him going around with one of our cats, both of them yowling at the top
of their lungs. I said, "Macbeth hath murdered sleep!" After that, we
called him Macbeth.

I've also had to deal with various critters brought inside (usually alive)
by one of my mighty hunters. These included a baby rabbit (unharmed), a
frog (ditto), a lizard and numerous birds, rats, mice and the occasional
gopher. A couple of times a possum decided to come in on his (her?) own.

Yes, cat flaps make life interesting.

Joy

Old April 26th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

Wow! Is he a feral? If so you did well, rather you than me getting a
freaked out feral out of my bread bin..!
That suggests he's pretty hungry though, poor lad.///

I *think* he belongs to someone, as he's in pretty good nick, when I've
offered him food in the past he's refused it, and he already appears to
be snipped. I think that he's just a local boy out for the main chance.

Oh, yes, one of those "I'll just nip in through the cat flap to see if these
kitties are dining on smoked salmon and steak, and if so I'll move in"
types.
A couple of cats have attempted that here and gone away disappointed. Not
only have they discovered that we don't dine on such fare, but their ears
are still ringing after 100 yards as they run away from being bopped very
firmly by KFC.
"What, you are in my kitchen? Out damned (whatever your name is)!"
Bop, swipe, bop. Claws out.
Gone. Running hard.

Tweed

Old April 26th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh my god, I can just imagine the chaos! LOL.
Not funny, I"m sure....but I just can't help it. Hehehe.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
oups.com...

Old April 26th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"HRFLTiger" wrote in
oups.com:

All 5 of the Miles
Clowder are now stoned out of their tiny kitty minds in front of the
fire.

Do your cats get paranoid if they have too much catnip? When I first got
Pi, he was not particularly afraid of anything, but after getting plenty
of fresh catnip, he is now afraid of everything. A month ago I sneezed
while he was on my lap and he took off and hid under the bed.

Come to think of it, he also gets the munchies after catnip. It really
is like marijuana to them, isn't it?

Chak

--
I'm a born-again atheist.
--Gore Vidal
Old April 26th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

When our son was in kindergarden and we still lived in rural
California, I had to go talk to our neighbors down the road because we
found out their little boy was slipping into our place when we left and
making like Goldilocks. He wasn't a bad child...only about 5yrs
old...but his mom and dad let him do pretty much as he pleased and any
blame I put on them and only feel sorry for the kid. By now he must be
a mess. One time he threw rocks at a peacock until he hit it in the
head and killed it. They expressed no concern, no remorse about what
happened, just let it lie in their yard and rot. Another time dad left
his keys in the truck so sonny boy turned it on and managed to drive it
into the ditch. So, anyway, we sure didn't want him crawling through
our kitty door! We also had racoons that joined us many mornings for
coffee. The first time they discovered the kitty door we were sitting
at the table reading the paper and wondering why on earth the cats were
messing around with the flap...lifting it up and letting it fall again
and again. Then we noticed a decidedly non-feline pointy nose poking
around the corner, followed by two curious round black eyes..... They
were always very polite, but about this time, between kids and racoons,
we started locking the door!

We had those other delightful critters brought in by the cats too.
Lights and slippers were a good thing to use at night!

PatM

Old April 26th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Chakolate" wrote in message
44.170...
"HRFLTiger" wrote in
oups.com:

All 5 of the Miles
Clowder are now stoned out of their tiny kitty minds in front of the
fire.

Do your cats get paranoid if they have too much catnip? When I first got
Pi, he was not particularly afraid of anything, but after getting plenty
of fresh catnip, he is now afraid of everything. A month ago I sneezed
while he was on my lap and he took off and hid under the bed.

Come to think of it, he also gets the munchies after catnip. It really
is like marijuana to them, isn't it?

We always have to warn each other not to play with the cats when they are
strung out on nip. They will scratch and bite with out realizing it.

Jo

Old April 26th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Joy" wrote in message
. net...
"HRFLTiger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

There really isn't a lot that compares to waking up from a sound sleep to
find you are sharing your bed with a couple of excited cats and a very
annoyed Blue Jay.

Jo