Miranda between the windows

Old August 4th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Miranda between the windows

Marina wrote:

To bring this on-topic, let Miranda demonstrate double glazing for
you:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339aecXVj
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339txpPKN
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339dTTOsI

She is between the two glass panes of the open double-glazed window.

When Britta first mentioned the term "triple- (or double-) glazed" I
imagined the panes of glass being much, much closer together, not leaving
room for anything but an astral cat, perhaps. Which turned out to be
correct, at least in Britta's experience, along with others. The larger
amount of space between the panes in your windows must provide a lot
more insulation, which you'd need in a northern climate, I imagine!

How nice of them to design the windows in this way, to create a perfect
hangout spot for a kitty!

Joyce
Old August 4th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
purred:
Marina wrote:

[...]

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47371020UgHmZj
is an example of 'double glazing' in the USofA. This is an extreme closeup.
The space between the panes is probably no more than 1/2 an inch (if that).

Old August 5th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sandra

She is so lovely! Our double glazing in UK consists of two sheets of glass
about a cm apart in a sealed unit within one frame, so no space for kitties!

sandra

Old August 5th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:
Marina wrote:

To bring this on-topic, let Miranda demonstrate double glazing for
you:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339aecXVj
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339txpPKN
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339dTTOsI

She is between the two glass panes of the open double-glazed window.

When Britta first mentioned the term "triple- (or double-) glazed" I
imagined the panes of glass being much, much closer together, not leaving
room for anything but an astral cat, perhaps. Which turned out to be
correct, at least in Britta's experience, along with others. The larger
amount of space between the panes in your windows must provide a lot
more insulation, which you'd need in a northern climate, I imagine!

I don't know if our system with double panes is actually called double
glazing. I had a closer look at my windows, and they do seem to have two
panes in one frame in the inner window, but I can't quite make out
whether there are two panes in the outer window frame, as well. That
would make it what, quadruple glazing?? Not that we don't need all the
help we can get to isolate our houses from the cold. ;o)

How nice of them to design the windows in this way, to create a perfect
hangout spot for a kitty!

Miranda was the only cat that could fit between those panes. Neither
Frank nor Nikki could squeeze in, but Mir is so skinny, she can fit into
any space.

Old August 5th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Marina wrote:
I don't know if our system with double panes is actually called double
glazing. I had a closer look at my windows, and they do seem to have two
panes in one frame in the inner window, but I can't quite make out
whether there are two panes in the outer window frame, as well. That
would make it what, quadruple glazing?? Not that we don't need all the
help we can get to isolate our houses from the cold. ;o)

I think double windows and double glazing are 2 different things.
Double windows meant
2 sets of windows frames (in the same window) that can be opened
independently. That's what I got. Double glaze is just as you
described, 2 panes in one frame You may have double windows with double
glazing. Definitely double windows from the pictures. II can't tell
whether I have double glazing. I hope so as I need it in our frigid
winter.

Winnie

How nice of them to design the windows in this way, to create a perfect
hangout spot for a kitty!

Miranda was the only cat that could fit between those panes. Neither
Frank nor Nikki could squeeze in, but Mir is so skinny, she can fit into
any space.

Plant thing ,breakage, & windows ensoul Cat health & behaviour 0 May 24th 06 04:38 AM
OT - Need some computer advice badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 March 20th 06 06:42 AM
Poor Miranda Marina Cat anecdotes 20 December 16th 05 12:37 AM
Ugh - my body aches. (long & mostly OT) Magic Mood JeepŠ Cat anecdotes 3 April 4th 05 03:58 AM
Felix -animated cat for your Windows environment Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 35 May 14th 04 01:32 PM