Kitty playtime

Old March 15th 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Kitty playtime

Holly brought her little red mouse into the computer room a few minutes ago,
and she has been attacking it ever since--tosses it in the air, catches it,
rolls over with it, scrambles all around the room. I have just been sitting
here, enjoying the fun. She brings that mouse to me almost every evening.
I will hear a "moaning" sound, then Holly will enter the room and drop it at
my feet. Of course, she gets all sorts of lavish praise for her gift. It's
interesting because this house is *loaded* with cat toys, and she does play
with others. But she always shows a preference for the little red mouse.
When one wore out, I replaced it with a "package" of three or four mice, and
she also chooses the red one. Some research claims that cats do not notice
color, but Holly certainly does.

Then I saw Duffy do something different. He scrambled up to the top bed on
the cat tree, as usual. But a few minutes later I saw him just "hanging"
over the top. Then he twisted his body and reached underneath to the pole
and dropped into the bed below. He's now curled up in that bed, which is
getting the benefit of direct sunlight right now. In the past, I have only
seen him climb *up* the poles to whichever bed he wants, then reach out to
the edge of the bed and pull himself over. He has probably been doing this
"new" maneuver for some time, but it's the first time I have seen it. He
was a bit more awkward doing it this way, but it worked! He always finds a
way to do whatever he wants. Blindness does not slow him down at all. He
is such a smart and happy (and lovable!) little cat.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

Old March 16th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

MaryL wrote:
Holly brought her little red mouse into the computer room a few minutes
ago, and she has been attacking it ever since--tosses it in the air,
catches it, rolls over with it, scrambles all around the room. I have
just been sitting here, enjoying the fun. She brings that mouse to me
almost every evening. I will hear a "moaning" sound, then Holly will
enter the room and drop it at my feet. Of course, she gets all sorts of
lavish praise for her gift. It's interesting because this house is
*loaded* with cat toys, and she does play with others. But she always
shows a preference for the little red mouse. When one wore out, I
replaced it with a "package" of three or four mice, and she also chooses
the red one. Some research claims that cats do not notice color, but
Holly certainly does.

Maybe the red dye smells differently? Sounds very cute, anyhow.

Then I saw Duffy do something different. He scrambled up to the top bed
on the cat tree, as usual. But a few minutes later I saw him just
"hanging" over the top. Then he twisted his body and reached underneath
to the pole and dropped into the bed below. He's now curled up in that
bed, which is getting the benefit of direct sunlight right now. In the
past, I have only seen him climb *up* the poles to whichever bed he
wants, then reach out to the edge of the bed and pull himself over. He
has probably been doing this "new" maneuver for some time, but it's the
first time I have seen it. He was a bit more awkward doing it this way,
but it worked! He always finds a way to do whatever he wants.
Blindness does not slow him down at all. He is such a smart and happy
(and lovable!) little cat.

He's such an excellent little fella!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 16th 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Marina" wrote in message
MaryL wrote:
Holly brought her little red mouse into the computer room a few minutes
ago, and she has been attacking it ever since--tosses it in the air,
catches it, rolls over with it, scrambles all around the room. I have
just been sitting here, enjoying the fun. She brings that mouse to me
almost every evening. I will hear a "moaning" sound, then Holly will
enter the room and drop it at my feet. Of course, she gets all sorts of
lavish praise for her gift. It's interesting because this house is
*loaded* with cat toys, and she does play with others. But she always
shows a preference for the little red mouse. When one wore out, I
replaced it with a "package" of three or four mice, and she also chooses
the red one. Some research claims that cats do not notice color, but
Holly certainly does.

Maybe the red dye smells differently? Sounds very cute, anyhow.

That's a good possibility. I had not thought of that.

Then I saw Duffy do something different. He scrambled up to the top bed
on the cat tree, as usual. But a few minutes later I saw him just
"hanging" over the top. Then he twisted his body and reached underneath
to the pole and dropped into the bed below. He's now curled up in that
bed, which is getting the benefit of direct sunlight right now. In the
past, I have only seen him climb *up* the poles to whichever bed he
wants, then reach out to the edge of the bed and pull himself over. He
has probably been doing this "new" maneuver for some time, but it's the
first time I have seen it. He was a bit more awkward doing it this way,
but it worked! He always finds a way to do whatever he wants. Blindness
does not slow him down at all. He is such a smart and happy (and
lovable!) little cat.

He's such an excellent little fella!

Indeed he is!
--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Sunday Playtime CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 11 March 1st 10 03:09 PM
Playtime CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 December 23rd 07 12:23 PM
Playtime PatM Cat anecdotes 2 November 22nd 05 07:25 PM
Playtime Nads Cat health & behaviour 20 March 27th 05 09:45 PM
Playtime Marina Cat anecdotes 3 October 6th 03 12:42 PM