Pooping on lawn problem

Old October 7th 05, 08:33 PM
sueb

Default Pooping on lawn problem

Hi,
I'm not a regular to this group but have a cat health and behavior
problem and would appreciate advice.

I have two semi-feral cats. They are both its now and the older female
one has been hanging around about 10 years. I feed them, they keep
down the rodent population, the younger one is affectionate and we call
it even. The older one is the one with the problem.

I've had raccoons come through and they've dug up a portion of my
backyard. The older cat is now pooping there. I have tried barriers
and keeping it wet and nothing is working so far. I'd like to reseed
it, but am afraid that it would look like an even better place to poop.
Plus the raccoons would probably hit it again...

Is there anything I can scatter on the ground (I've been thinking of
chili flakes) to discourage her?

Before you start flaming - she has a lovely two car garage to sleep in,
access to a litter box, regular meals, and is in pretty good health.
She's never gone in this area before this fall. I can't confine her to
a room because she'd freak out.

Thanks!
Susan B.

Old October 7th 05, 10:33 PM
Alison

Cats don't seem to like orange peel , you cold scatter some on the
patch or get something from the pet store such as Get off my lawn
which is non toxic.
Where do your cats usually poo?
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
http://doginfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

oups.com...

Old October 11th 05, 04:46 PM
sueb

Alison wrote:
Cats don't seem to like orange peel , you cold scatter some on the
patch or get something from the pet store such as Get off my lawn
which is non toxic.
Where do your cats usually poo?
Alison

I'll try orange peel - thanks for the suggestion.

They usually go elsewhere in the yard which is very large and mostly
un-landscaped. They've been pretty fond of using the planter boxes in
the past which hasn't thrilled me but I can deal with those by covering
the soil.

The other cat will use the litter box but this one never.

Thanks,
Susan B.

Old October 11th 05, 05:17 PM
-L.

sueb wrote:
Alison wrote:
Cats don't seem to like orange peel , you cold scatter some on the
patch or get something from the pet store such as Get off my lawn
which is non toxic.
Where do your cats usually poo?
Alison

I'll try orange peel - thanks for the suggestion.

They usually go elsewhere in the yard which is very large and mostly
un-landscaped. They've been pretty fond of using the planter boxes in
the past which hasn't thrilled me but I can deal with those by covering
the soil.

The other cat will use the litter box but this one never.

Thanks,
Susan B.

Garlic is a good repellant. Google search "garlic" in this newsgroup
and you should find my recipe for making the infusion.
-L.