AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old November 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
r5

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
You must enjoy being hit with lawsuits! Whether you approve

No lawsuit related to this would fly though. The facts are
a cat outside, intact, and outgrowing its collar! Whether or
not the original owner inadvertently lost this cat, the fact
is the cat was outside, causing potential harm to other people's
property and pets; thus the original owners could be liable for
far more damages than that of receiving their cat back
neutered.

Don't let a misplaced fear of lawsuits prevent anyone from
doing the right thing when saving some poor cat.

Old November 2nd 04, 07:06 AM

Evelyn wrote:

You must enjoy being hit with lawsuits!

I've been neutering strays for over 25 years and it hasn't happened yet.

Whether you approve or not, some people
actually BREED Siamese and other
pedigreed cats, and might take a dim
view of some officious busy-body
neutering a cat that was not theirs to
make such a decision about.

I feel very sorry for you that in your ignorance you think someone that
is concerned about a neglected stray and the overpopulation problem is
an "officious busy-body" for doing the right thing and neutering. It's
also sad that you are so obtuse you think this cat could come from
breeding stock. It is obvious it doesn't.

I agree the
too tight collar might be a clue that
the cat was on its own, but until you
are certain the owners are not looking
for him, you have no legal right to
interfere with their property in such a
way.

You're wrong. In many areas you have a right to trap any cat that comes
on your property and do with it as you wish. A cat with no ID tag or
microchip is also considered a "stray" in most cities and even if a
"holding period" is required, there is no law against neutering it. If
the neglectful owner shows up later, too bad. They don't have a leg to
stand on.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 2nd 04, 12:15 PM
Jean Hobbs

He sounds beautiful,If his slaves dont turn up in a week or so
I would say they can't really be looking for him so I give you
to him as his slave,ok? but I wouldn't risk fixing him for a while
as his family may be wanting to breed from him and then they
might try and sue if they do come for him, also if they do come,
lean on them a bit and say he was almost choking with the collar.
Jean.P. good luck

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote in message
DH & I did some major grocery (and other supply) shopping this morning. As
soon as we got all perishables put away in the fridge/freezer, we heard

this
terrible cat yeowling. Looked for our Seven - Only one missing was

Weeble -
he was in the closet, and wanted out. All kitties accounted for. More
yeowling. We think MamaKat! Is she hurt, in a fight....? We exit the
house, and part, each going a different way, in order to circle the house
quicker. Nothing - not even a wascally wabbit or screwy skwerl. Check

the
road near the house for an injured critter - nada. Go back inside and get
ready to do the tile on the enclosed back porch (it did have this

gawd-awful
60's psychedelic green floral disgustingly cheap carpet down, that I've
hated since we moved in 10 years ago - we finally pulled it up last

weekend
to find that A} the padding had disintegrated into a fine Martian powder

and
B} there was equally disgusting green & white LINOLEUM tile underneath

that!
We removed that too, got down to the bare cement).

More yeowling followed. We think: Basement???? Something came in through
the d*ggie-door!!! Grab a broom & a flashlight (torch for you over to the
east of the pond) and go down to the dimly lit basement. Yeowl....
yeowl.... yeowl... DH heads for the farthest away from the stairs, but my
ears have already tuned in & I head to the left. From behind the furnace
comes a Siamese kitty - tan with very dark brown (almost black) ears, feet

&
tail. Wearing a collar - a chintzy flea collar (and not the breakaway
kind) - that's too tight. Not very old (about a year), and kinda thin.

DH
doesn't want me to carry it (actually an intact him), but I have a hold of
it, I take flashlight with one hand, and he reaches for cat, I then take

the
broom & he scoops up kitty. He's skittish, but not fighting us either. I
lead DH up the stairs, sweeping dog away from him & kitty, then sweeping
seven cats away, to the enclosed front porch. I go get a dish of food

(the
cheap stuff we feed the strays) and a dish of water. There's still an old
litterbox up front (was Weeble & FF's first *real* litterbox), so I go put
some in it and bring it back. By this time, DH has cut the too-tight

collar
off the kitty, and has started calling him "Ping" - not sure if that's his
name, but he seems to respond to it. Of course, he's Siamese, so he
responds to ANY vocalization he thinks is made to him with more of his
yeowling. We have a spare dose of Frontline Plus, so he gets that on

him -
takes it without any struggle. By this time I'm able to take a breath and
watch him for a minute - he's chowing down on the food (dry with a couple
pouches of moist on top) and yeowling at the same time... it's a funny
sound, like he's drowning.

So, I have posted on the local Humane Society's website about him (we took

few quick pics), and have made up a flier to post around nearby & also at
the Humane Society and probably at a couple of vet's offices nearby.

Purrs please that we find his slaves... but I'm sorta hoping we don't, for
if they let him loose with a too-tight collar, or just let him go long
enough for the collar to get that tight, maybe it's best that he stays

here?
That would make our count an even eight. How long does one wait for his
slaves to claim??? He needs to be vetted, and since he's not neutered....
do we have him neutered anyway??? What if the 'owners' try to sue because
we had him neutered - do they have any claim???? Any info on this would be
greatly helpful.

BTW - piccies posted on alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

--?
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old November 2nd 04, 12:40 PM
Victor Martinez

Dear Zuzu,

While I appreciate your point of view, please consider changing the tone
of your messages. It is not welcome at rpca.

Regards.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he