Elvis is gone :(

Old February 22nd 05, 10:10 PM
ElvisRocks

Default Elvis is gone :(

.....and my heart is gone with him. I did take him to U of Penna. The
bottom line was that he was critically ill - his prognosis
no matter what was poor. For them to keep him in the ER tonite and IF he
lived the night, which they thought he may not, to transfer him to their ICU
and do aggressive work on him would have been $3000-$4000. That was without
a diagnosis, further treatment, surgery if necessary, and his prognosis was
still poor. He was THAT sick. So I had to let him go. He was still
purring, looking into my eyes & I was petting him telling him how much Ioved
him. It was horrible. I feel so guilty. He trusted me and I let him go.
They put him in a brown box and later today or tomorrow my husband will bury
him with the other two I've lost in the last 4 years.
I just would like to crawl in there myself. I guess I did what most people
would have done but I still feel so guilty.
I can't believe he's gone. I'm just going crazy now. Thank you all for
your advice & good thoughts. Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my buddy -
always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Old February 22nd 05, 10:23 PM
Karen

I'm so sorry, but isn't it better for Elvis that he was purring and with
you? It's not fair and it hurts terribly and my heart just goes out to you.
He must have felt terrible being so sick. You did everything you could and
you know that, and you did what was best for him. My deepest sympathies.

Karen

Old February 22nd 05, 10:31 PM
KellyH

I'm so sorry. Purrs for Elvis as he crosses the Bridge.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old February 22nd 05, 10:32 PM
Cathy Friedmann

[...]

I am very sorry. :-( Otoh, given his prognosis, you did the right thing,
IMO.

Cathy

Old February 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
ceb

"ElvisRocks" wrote in
:

I'm so sorry to hear about Elvis. He sounds like a great cat and I know you
will miss him, but I agree with Karen that you did the kindest thing for
him. He was suffering. Now you're suffering. The whole thing is horribly
unfair but please don't heap blame on yourself when you are already feeling
heartbroken.

My thoughts are with you.

--Catherine

Old February 22nd 05, 11:35 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

ElvisRocks wrote:

Elvis was the sweetest cat. He was my buddy -
always around me. I just don't know what I'm going to do without him.

I'm so terribly sorry!

What you'll do is remember your love for him and his love for you. And
you'll go on.

You had to let him go. It was the loving thing to do, and he knows
that. You did the right thing. I hope that you find peace about it soon.

Priscilla
Old February 22nd 05, 11:44 PM
Betsy

I'm so sorry. No matter how many cats I've had, or how old they were when
they died, or how sick they were, it always breaks my heart. I really feel
for you.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:40 PM
Kelly

Your message touches the hearts of all cat lovers here. I am so so sorry
for you loss. I know how hard it is to be without him. You did great
things for Elvis, and please remember this includes having the ability to
stop his pain, and send him on to a better place. Please do not feel
guilty, for this ability is something very precious. Reach out to your
friends, family, vets, and people in this newsgroup who will be able to
relate with your loss. These are the people that will help you get through
this very difficult time. Elvis will never be forgotten, cherish the good
memories you have of him. Take care,
Kelly

Old February 22nd 05, 11:59 PM
Mary

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
....and my heart is gone with him.

I am so sorry. He knew that you loved him, and I know that you did all you
could do.

Old February 23rd 05, 12:02 AM
-L.

ElvisRocks wrote:
....and my heart is gone with him.

I'm so sorry. I hope in time you can find some peace and healing.

hugs,
-L.

another Elvis update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 22 February 23rd 05 11:47 AM
Elvis Update :( ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 32 February 20th 05 10:21 PM
More Pix on Elvis site Bev Cat anecdotes 18 September 21st 04 08:23 PM
Elvis is Alive Bev Cat anecdotes 6 September 20th 04 08:24 PM
Persia as "Elvis" jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 December 9th 03 07:03 PM