Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

Old March 18th 05, 02:58 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Mary" wrote in message

"Trish Dunphy" wrote in message
.. .

It was the opposite with my Gnarly. She loved it, and she produced

less
poo, so that I knew she was getting more usable calories. But then,
she had to be the genetically bullet-proof cat. She just never got
sick, and lived to 20 with little vet care and all her teeth intact.
Sometimes I think the "mean as a snake" gene is paired with the
"lives to be 100" gene! (At least I hope so, if you know what
I mean ... lol)

lol, Sook is 19, healthy except for CRF (very early stages) and as
cantakerous as ever, another supporter of your theory...

Sook is a great name for a cat! I hope she lives many more
healthy years. Gnarly looked young and played like a
kitten her whole life. Unfortunately that play frequently
involved blood and banshee shrieky growls. She loved
to get under the top sheet when I was making the bed and
become The Snarling Lump Under the Covers. She could
bite me through the sheet and not do as much harm, so
I liked it too. Once I heard bumpity sounds coming from
our bedroom and went in and she had stuck her head in
one of the small square tissue boxes and could not get
it out. My little ill-tempered half-wit, how I miss her. *sniff*
Got a photo page with Sook on it? I'd love to see her.

I'm getting one together, hopefully by Sunday, I'll add my other two as
well, Peepers and Squirrel (so named after rocky the flying squirrel, as
this cat just flies from one spot to another). And, I'll include my two who
have since passed on to the Bridge as a result of CRF.

Sook has an added feature to highlight his curmugenous (sorry, I can't spell
that word). When we found Squirrel as a stray and brought him home he was
checked by the vet, vacinated the whole 9 yards, however it was missed that
he had ear mites. Well somehow Sook got them, don't ask how we figure it
must have been when Sook was swatting him becuase they certainly didn't
spend time together then. Sook developed a hemotoma as a result of
scratching from the earmite, and after surgery has a cauliflower ear. LOL
it suits him perfectly. But, of course, I'm just not brave enough to laugh
to his face. I like all my fingers intact, this cat holds grudges. But,
hey the dog is afraid of him and Sook takes full advantage keeping him in
line.

I'll post the address when I add some pics.

Thanks 9I like the name Gnarly too, it has character. Sounds like your
Gnarly had lots of character