****Please help....Sick cat!!!!!

Old June 22nd 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default ****Please help....Sick cat!!!!!

Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

Old June 22nd 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 22 Jun, 00:49, wrote:
Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

how long has this been going on and is the cat living in a particular
spot on its body all the time? if so where exactly?
is it urinating and defaecating normally as before?

Old June 22nd 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 22 Jun, 00:49, wrote:
Well, my aunt has 4 cats and the one that's 9 years old stopped eating
and is constantly licking her fur off. If/when the cat does
eat.....it just throws up. The environment has not changed at all and
all the cats have been together for years. She had already lost 2
pounds and the vet cannot find the problem.

Find a competent vet, the one you are using is not worth the fee you
are paying obviously. I wouldn't take " I don''t know" for an answer.
If he she doesn't know, then they should be referring you to someone
who does know better.
Keep trying, and you will find the right vet...The vet that tells you
that they won't stop until the have an answer is the right vet.

Good Luck & let us know how you got one please?